Omniboxes Virus Removal Instructions
Omniboxes virus is not an actual computer virus, however it still is quite a dangerous application. It is classified as a browser hijacker and you should take this infection seriously. If you see that your home page and default search engine is changed to Omniboxes.com, it is a clear indication that your PC was infiltrated by the hijacker.
Additionally, this intruder may modify your Target line and install other undesirable software alongside (like Search Engine and Fast Start) which helps the browser hijacker establish itself in your computer. We suggest to remove Omniboxes virus from you computer as soon as possible.
What does Omniboxes virus do?
If you think that your PC was infiltrated by this software, then you should not rest until you remove Omniboxes virus. The application changes the browsers’ setting as soon as it enters the computer. You will see Omniboxes.com as your default search engine, but it will not perform searches. Instead your search queries will be instantly directed to Yahoo! Search. While some users think that they can trust the provided results, because Yahoo! is a trustworthy engine, we warn you that the hijacker alters them. You will be presented with a confusing mix of genuine results and sponsored links which may easily redirect you to the malicious websites. It is a well know fact that hijackers earn revenue for every click on the predetermined link, however they do not care about your system’s safety. As a result, the promoted third parties are left unchecked which may lead to malignant and unauthorized actions performed in your PC. The consequences of all this neglectfulness to monitor the unknown parties may lead to serious malware infection. Protect your PC and terminate Omniboxes virus before that happens.
Like other hijackers, Omniboxes virus travels bundled with freeware. Most often it comes alongside such programs as PC Speed Up, VuuPC, Pro PC Cleaner, etc. so you need to be especially careful when you download them. Is is advisable to use only the offcial pages to acquire freeware. Your other option is to choose the instillation option which would allow you to control the entire process. Either way, it is obvious that you should change your free of charge software instillation habits. Take better care of your system in the future.
How to remove Omniboxes virus?
Our research team prepared detailed guidelines which are supposed to help you terminate Omniboxes virus. However, we advise to consider the installation of an authentic and up-to-date computer security software which would ensure that all parts of this intruder are removed for good. Remember that your system needs the professional protection and this seems like a good opportunity to acquire a worthy and legitimate protection. Either way, do not hesitate any longer and delete Omniboxes virus.
Fix your target line
- Right-click the browser’s shortcut and access Properties.
- Navigate to the Target line and erase everything after the program’s executable.
Delete Omniboxes virus
- Click Windows key + R.
- Enter Control Panel.
- Tap OK.
- Navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Terminate Omniboxes virus.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start.
- Access Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall Omniboxes virus.
- Open Start menu.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs.
- Remove Omniboxes virus.
Eliminate Omniboxes virus from your browsers
- Click Ctrl+Shift+A and access Extensions.
- Terminate all suspicious extensions and leave the tab.
- Press Alt+T and open Options.
- (General tab) change/delete the home page.
- Click OK and close the menu.
- Tap the search icon and pick Manage Search engines.
- Overwrite the search engine and click OK.
- Tap Alt+F and move to Tools.
- Go to Extensions and erase the unwanted extensions.
- Select Settings and click Open a page or a set of page.
- Tap Set pages, delete/change the current home and tap OK.
- Access Manage Search Engines (under search) and replace the current search engine with a new one.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
- Press Alt+X and open Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, eliminate all undesirable extensions.
- Click Search Providers and change/remove the search engine.
- Save changes and close the window.
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete/change the home page and tap OK.