OurSurfing.com Removal Guide
OurSurfing.com is a typical browser hijacker designed to boost traffic to sponsored websites. It attacks Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome and changes their settings. If you see that your home page and default search engine were suddenly changed to OurSurfing.com without your authorization, you can be sure that you have a browser hijacker in your system.
This type of infection usually enters your computer in a clandestine manner and starts promoting third parties’ interests. Read the following article, to find out why we recommend to delete OurSurfing.com and why you can never trust the information provided by this software.
How does OurSurfing.com work?
As soon as OurSurfing.com enters your system it begins suspicious activities. First of all, you will notice the changed browsers’ settings. Since the intruder’s main goal is to generate traffic to the affiliate websites, it should not surprise you that it takes control over your searches. This way the application is able to present you with links that can route you to promoted pages. The search engine which you will be forced to use, if OurSurfing.com infiltrates your system, will provide you with altered search results. Next to the relevant links, you will observe countless advertisements. Most likely, you will be presented with this chaotic mountain of unreliable information every time you attempt to perform a search. Needless to say, users are not satisfied with the provided services and you too will soon start looking for ways to remove OurSurfing.com.
Unfortunately, the hijacker also brings another, even more serious problem. While the intruder promotes the third parties, it does not make any effort to gather information about them. It means that as long as this application is in your system, after clicking the random ad, you may be directed to a completely unknown website. If this website turns out to be malicious, you will probably get infected with malware. You must do everything you can to avoid such outcome. A serious malware (like Trojan, virus, keylogger) is very difficult to remove and makes much more damage than an ordinary hijacker. Do not let some suspicious software start a chain of events that will wreck your PC. Eliminate OurSurfing.com as soon as you can.
This application also violates your privacy. It follows your internet activities, browsing history, search queries, clicks, preferred pages, and so on. All this data is used to customize the ads hoping to make them more appealing to the user. While it is true that many programs follow this information to improve their services, you should remember that OurSurfing.com is untrustworthy and should not be granted the same privilege. As if all of that would not be enough, the intruder also worsens your computer’s performance and slows down Internet connection. This software does nothing, but cause you trouble. Remove OurSurfing.com from your system.
How did OurSurfing.com enter your system?
OurSurfing.com entered your computer in a freeware or shareware bundle. If you recently installed free of charge software from some unreliable source, it may have easily slithered into your system during the installation. Users rarely pay enough attention to the download procedure which results in all kinds of unwanted programs inside the computer. In the future, choose Advanced or Custom installation option and carefully analyze every word of the software license agreement. If you follow the instillation attentively, you will be able to notice the additional programs and will have an opportunity to deselect them
How to remove OurSurfing.com?
Under this article, our research team prepared step by step instructions on how to terminate OurSurfing.com from your computer. If you would rather leave this job to the professionals, purchase a reputable anti-spyware and uninstall OurSurfing.com with it. Such tool will also take care of your system’s safety in the future.
1. In the bottom right corner of your desktop, wait for the charms bar to appear.
2. Click Settings and navigate to Control Panel.
3. Choose Uninstall a program and eliminate OurSurfing.com.
1. Choose Start in the Taskbar and tap Control Panel.
2. Open Add or Remove programs and uninstall OurSurfing.com.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
1. Access the Start menu and open Control Panel.
2. Pick Uninstall a program and uninstall OurSurfing.com from your PC.
Erase OurSurfing.com from your browsers
1. Open the menu and tap Options.
2. Access the General tab and replace your home page with the one you prefer.
3. Go to Search tab and change/delete your search provider.
4. Open the menu again and click Add-ons.
5. Terminate the suspicious extensions.
1. Access the menu and choose Settings.
2. Pick Set pages and overwrite your home page.
3. Under Search, tap Manage search engine.
4. Change/delete the search provider.
5. Go to Extensions and remove useless add-ons.
1. Tap the Gear icon and open Internet Options.
2. Replace your home page with a new one in the General tab.
3. Click Gear icon once more and open Manage Add-ons.
4. In Toolbars and Extensions, remove unwanted add-ons.
5. Go to Search Providers in order to set a new search engine. Erase the old one.