Palikan.com Removal Guide
Palikan.com is an intrusive browser hijacker or a redirect virus that is capable of taking over your browsers. If this intruder infiltrates your computer, your home page and default search engine will be changed to Palikan.com and you will not be able to undo these alterations for as long as it stays in your system.
Besides, the application will also perform many others suspicious activities starting with the secretive way it sneaks into your PC. It is in your best interest to remove Palikan.com from your computer.
What does Palikan.com do?
Like any other hijacker, Palikan.com enters your computer so that it could promote the third parties’ interests. Remember that for every click on the predetermined website, this application generates revenue. The money is the only goal of such software and thus you should not trust any information presented by it.
Another reason to eliminate Palikan.com is the fact that it can become a backdoor for the malicious software. After entering your computer with a free of charge application, the hijacker changes your search provider and fills the displayed search results with additional links. Since we already established that it does not check the sponsored third parties, this leaves you vulnerable against the possible malware infiltration. It would not be wise to let this application stay in your system. We strongly recommend to erase Palikan.com as soon as you can.
How to remove Palikan.com?
From this article, it should be clear that this intruder cares only about the promotion of the third parties and it can easily put your entire computer at risk. The best choice would be to purchase an up-to-date computer security program and use it to get rid of Palikan.com. After Palikan.com removal, such tool would also protect your PC from future threats. If this option is not appealing to you, you may attempt to terminate Palikan.com manually following the guidelines below.
Delete Palikan.com from Windows
Uninstall from Windows 8
1. Open the Metro UI menu
2. Tap All apps and select Control Panel.
3. Access Uninstall a program and choose Palikan.com
4. Uninstall Palikan.com.
Uninstall from Windows XP
1. Tap the Start button and select Control Panel.
2. Open Add or Remove Programs and go to Change or Remove Programs.
3. Eliminate Palikan.com.
Uninstall from Windows Vista or Windows 7
1. On the Taskbar, click the Windows logo.
2. Access Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
3. Right-click Palikan.com and terminate it.
Uninstall Palikan.com from your browsers
Remove Palikan.com from Mozilla Firefox
1. Click Ctrl+Shift+A and navigate to Extensions.
2. Remove unknown extensions and close the tab.
3. Press Alt+T and open Options.
4. Change/delete the home page and tap OK.
5. Leave this menu and click the icon in the search box.
6. Select Manage Search engines and eliminate the unwanted search engines.
7. Choose your new default search engine and tap OK.
Remove Palikan.com from Google Chrome
1. Press Alt+F and choose Tools.
2. Select Extensions and delete the suspicious ones.
3. Click Settings and access Open a page or a set of pages.
4. Choose Set pages and change/delete the home page.
5. Click OK and open Manage Search Engines under search.
6. Change/remove the search engine, tap Done, and restart your browser.
Remove Palikan.com from Internet Explorer
1. Tap Alt+X simultaneously and access Manage add-ons.
2. Click Search Providers, remove the unwanted search engine and choose another one.
3. Save the changes and close the window.
4. Press Alt+X and choose Internet Options.
5. In the General tab, overwrite your home page and click OK.