Pcfixing.net Removal Guide
Pcfixing.net is a malicious website that you may be redirected to while browsing the Web. It may also appear every time you open a new tab or may even be set as your home page. The reason you see this fake site is because your computer is infected with a potentially unwanted or an ad-supported application.
It is most likely that all browsers that you have installed are affected by the useless software, so switching to a different one will not be effective. In order to get rid of Pcfixing.net, you will have to uninstall the adware that is to blame for its appearance.
How does Pcfixing.net work?
If you are wondering how you could have ended up with an ad-supported application, you should try to remember what programs you have recently installed. Adware often travels with free third party software. If you recently installed freeware and did not pay too much attention to the installation process, that is how you acquired the adware. If you want to avoid similar issues in the future, you have to always choose Custom installation mode and decline all additional offers.
Pcfixing.net is a virtual scam that presents you with misleading information. The site tries to convince you that your computer has viruses on it and that you should check it for potential issues. It presents you with a supposedly toll free number that you can call for assistance. Unfortunately, if you call it you will not reach “expert support”. Instead, you will be told that your PC is severely infected and that you need to purchase software that can help you clean it. The software will, of course, be fake. We urge you not to trust the bogus website and not follow any instructions presented on it as it is a scam. What you should do is terminate Pcfixing.net right away.
How to remove Pcfixing.net?
It is not that easy to delete Pcfixing.net manually. First, you need to uninstall the application that it belongs to and then reset your browsers. In some cases you may even need to edit your Target line. If you choose to remove Pcfixing.net manually, you can use the instructions presented below. If you follow them carefully, you should not have any difficulties. In case you are not confident in your computer skills, you can always choose automatic removal instead. Download and install the anti-malware utility and use it to clean your PC. This solution certainly has its advantages: you do not need to have advanced system knowledge to implement the malware remover and it will eliminate Pcfixing.net along with other possible threats completely. Moreover, the tool will also protect your PC from other online dangers as long as you keep it installed.
Step 1: Uninstall Pcfixing.net
- Open Start menu and click on Control Panel
- Select Add or remove programs
- Choose the unwanted application
- Click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Access Control Panel via Start menu
- Choose Uninstall a program under Programs
- Select the suspicious adware and click Uninstall
- Move cursor to the bottom right corner
- Once Charm bar appears, click on Settings
- Go to Control Panel and select Uninstall a program
- Choose the unwanted software and click Uninstall
Step 2: Remove Pcfixing.net from browsers
- Click on the Gear icon and go to internet Options
- On the Advanced tab click the Reset button
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset
- Press Alt+H and select Firefox Help
- Click on the Refresh Firefox button
- Click Refresh Firefox to confirm
- Open Chrome menu and click on Settings
- Click Show advanced settings at the bottom
- Select Reset settings and click Reset
Step 3: Edit the Target line (if necessary)
- Right-click on the browser shortcut
- Select Properties and go to Shortcut tab
- Locate the Target line
- If there are any symbols after “exe”, erase them
- Click Apply and OK to save changes