What is Popular Screensavers Toolbar?
Developed by MindSpark, Popular Screensavers Toolbar is a potentially unwanted application similar to BringMeApps toolbar, CitySearch Toolbar, ConservativeTalkNow Toolbar, and some other programs created by the same company. The browser plug-in may seem malicious to some users, because it changes their browsers’ settings. However, we assure you that unlike hijackers, this software alters your home page and default search engine only when you give permission. Read this article to learn more about the application and to understand how to delete Popular Screensavers Toolbar from your computer.
What does Popular Screensavers Toolbar do?
Even though you can download Popular Screensavers Toolbar from its official website popularsreensavers.com and other well known third party hosting pages (soft32.com or download.com), it also travels in free of charge software bundles. The problem with freeware bundles is that users usually do not notice the additional programs and get very surprised when they are presented with new applications. To make sure that this does not happen, you need to monitor every step of the installation process very closely. Be vigilant and do not permit unwanted software to enter your system.
The toolbar we are discussing, infiltrates your computer with a bunch off wallpapers and screensavers shortcuts. Additionally, it presents quick access Facebook button and a search box. Also, unless you deselect that option during the installation, this toolbar will change your home page and default search engine to Ask.com. While, as we said before, the software informs users about the changes, they still look quite suspicious and often make people question toolbar’s credibility. If you do not trust it, you certainly can uninstall Popular Screensavers Toolbar.
We should also reveal another reason why you may want to get rid of Popular Screensavers Toolbar. Even though Ask.com is a legitimate search tool, sometimes people find it hard to trust it. This application is known for presenting users with sponsored links and ads during searches. This makes searches difficult and annoying, since you will be forced to spend time filtering through the provided data. Also, it is possible that if you click the promoted link, you will be directed to suspicious page. If you find this type of service unacceptable, eliminate Popular Screensavers Toolbar.
How to remove Popular Screensavers Toolbar?
It is possible to delete Popular Screensavers Toolbar manually. Our research team prepared detailed guidelines which you will find below this article. However, you can also use a reputable computer security application to remove Popular Screensavers Toolbar. An authentic and powerful anti-spyware can also be used as an additional layer of security for your system.
Delete Popular Screensavers Toolbar
- Access Start menu and pick Control Panel.
- Tap Add or Remove programs and remove Popular Screensavers Toolbar.
- Click Windows key + R at the same time and type in Control Panel.
- Press Enter and go to Uninstall a program.
- Locate and uninstall Popular Screensavers Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Tap Start button and navigate to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and erase Popular Screensavers Toolbar.
Uninstall Popular Screensavers Toolbar from your browsers
- Click Alt+X and press Internet options.
- Under General tab, choose Use default and click OK.
- Tap Alt+X one more time and move to Manage add-ons.
- Delete the suspicious add-ons.
- Go to Search providers and overwrite default search engine. Click Close
- Click Alt+T and open Options.
- Tap Restore to Default (under General tab) and click OK.
- Pick the search engine icon and access Manage search engines.
- Replace the current search engine with a new one and click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A to open Add-ons manager tab and disable the suspicious extension.
- Restart your browser.
- Press Alt+F and select Tools. Go to Extensions and delete undesirable extension.
- Access Settings and mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Pick Set pages and remove/change your home page. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines (under Search) and overwrite your search tool.
- Click Done.