Tips on PremierDownloadManager Toolbar Removal
It appears that PremierDownloadManager Toolbar is a browser hijacker. It was developed by Mindspark Interactive Network Inc. and is similar to other programs from this family, like MyScrapNook Toolbar, Video Scavenger Toolbar, CitySearch Toolbar, Zwinky Toolbar, etc. They all function in a similar way. The program usually offers one specific and very helpful function. Sadly, the disadvantages of this application make it impossible to use it. Read this article and find out why we recommend to delete PremierDownloadManager Toolbar as soon as possible.
What does PremierDownloadManager Toolbar do?
First of all, PremierDownloadManager Toolbar promises to help the users manage their downloads. The other quite attractive feature is a bunch of direct links to popular websites, including Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, etc. It all makes the software look very promising and useful. However, the moment it enters your PC, PremierDownloadManager Toolbar starts performing nasty tricks. This browser hijacker changes your homepage to home.tb.ask.com and your default search engine to search.ask.com. It also starts a steady flow of pop-up advertisements labeled as ‘Ads by Premier Download Manager’ or ‘brought to you by Premier Download Manager’. The displayed ads usually correspond with your latest searches. That is because PremierDownloadManager Toolbar follows your online activity and collects your personal data. You should not let this rogue software be inside your computer. Erase PremierDownloadManager Toolbar right away.
Unfortunately, there are even more reasons to get rid of PremierDownloadManager Toolbar. It constantly redirects you to PremierDownloadManager Toolbar sponsored websites. This is done in order to increase the traffic and in turn the rankings of the page. The websites are often very unreliable and can infect your computer with malware. On top of all that, you will soon notice a considerable loss of speed in your main browsers, namely Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. All these changes are deeply annoying, not to mention quite unsafe. Thus we advise to remove PremierDownloadManager Toolbar.
This hijacker can be downloaded directly from it’s official page premierdownloadmanager.com which makes it a bit different from other hijackers. However, it can also enter your computer secretly without your knowledge. It often gets inside your system bundled with freeware downloaded from unreliable sites. If you download a program from such source, always choose Advanced installation and uncheck all boxes that suggest additional programs. Be aware of what you install onto your computer.
How to remove PremierDownloadManager Toolbar?
If you value your computer’s safety you will remove PremierDownloadManager Toolbar. It also might be a good time to check your PC with a reputable anti-spyware. Detailed instructions on how to uninstall PremierDownloadManager Toolbar are given below.
Delete PremierDownloadManager Toolbar
- Go to bottom right of the screen and click Settings.
- Choose Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall PremierDownloadManager Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a programs and Uninstall PremierDownloadManager Toolbar.
- Click Start and choose Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and Remove PremierDownloadManager Toolbar.
Change browser settings
- Press Alt+T and choose Manage add-ons.
- Choose Search providers and delete Ask.com.
- Set a new default search engine.
- Press Alt+T and choose Internet options.
- In General tab change Home Page address and click OK.
- Click search engine icon (top right corner).
- Choose Manage search engines and remove Ask.com.
- Click OK and press Alt+T.
- Select Options and in General tab change your homepage address.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and choose Add-ons.
- Remove PremierDownloadManager Toolbar from extensions.
- Restart browser.
- Press Alt+F and choose Tools.
- Click Extensions and remove PremierDownloadManager Toolbar.
- Choose Settings and click Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and change your homepage address.
- Click OK.
- Choose Manage search engines and set a new default search engine.
- Delete Ask.com and press Done.