ReferenceBoss Toolbar Removal Guide
ReferenceBoss Toolbar is a browser extension maintained and owned by Mindspark Interactive Network Inc, which is famous for its numerous toolbars. This one offers a direct access to various websites like Dictionary.com, reference.com, thesaurus.com or Wikipedia.com. It can be installed into all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
These offers make this toolbar look very useful and desirable, unfortunately it has many disadvantages. The following article will explain what are the defects of this browser extension and why so many users wish to remove ReferenceBoss Toolbar.
What does ReferenceBoss Toolbar do?
Firstly, we must mention that ReferenceBoss Toolbar offers a search engine which is powered by Ask.com. During this toolbar installation process you will be asked if you wish to change your current home page to Ask.com. Since the majority of users do not even read the ‘End User License Agreement’, it is safe to assume that most of them will be unpleasantly surprised when they notice that after the installation of a new toolbar their home page was changed. And that is not the only thing that will change. Ask.com becomes default search engine as well. To summarize, from the moment it enters your computer ReferenceBoss Toolbar starts changing your settings. Many users find it unacceptable and these changes become one of the main reason why they want to delete ReferenceBoss Toolbar.
Another reason why ReferenceBoss Toolbar removal is desirable by many, is the fact that Ask.com is an unreliable search engine. It sponsors many third parties’ websites and thus its search results are always mixed with sponsored links. They may even be completely unrelated to your search queries. The goal is to induce you to click these links. Even though most of them are from your everyday websites, some may be very suspicious and even managed by cyber criminals. If you enter such website, there is a great possibility that you will get your system infected with malware. To prevent it we suggest to uninstall ReferenceBoss Toolbar.
This toolbar can be installed directly from its official website www.referenceboss.com. However, our researchers noticed that it also may be downloaded together with freeware. It means that sometimes it is offered as an additional program and the users should monitor installation carefully, if they do not want to install it accidentally. Deselect boxes that inform you about ReferenceBoss Toolbar installation.
How to remove ReferenceBoss Toolbar?
If you have read this article and decided that this toolbar is not worth the trouble that comes with it, terminate ReferenceBoss Toolbar right away. Detailed instructions on how to get rid of ReferenceBoss Toolbar – are given under this article. Follow them attentively and ReferenceBoss Toolbar removal will be quite easy.
Delete ReferenceBoss Toolbar
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Click Start and choose Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and terminate ReferenceBoss Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove programs and erase ReferenceBoss Toolbar.
- Go to the lower right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Select Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall ReferenceBoss Toolbar.
Eliminate ReferenceBoss Toolbar from your browsers
- Press Alt+T and choose Internet Options.
- Click General tab and change the home page. Click OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Go to Search Providers and set a new default search engine.
- Go to General tab and change home page.
- Click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously and go to Extensions.
- Remove ReferenceBoss Toolbar. Click Close.
- Press Alt+T and choose Options.
- Choose search engine icon and set new default search provider.
- Press Alt+F and go to More Tools.
- Choose Extensions and delete ReferenceBoss Toolbar.
- Click Settings. In the On startup section, choose the last section.
- Click Set pages and set a new startup page.
- Select Manage Search Engines in the Search section and select a new search provider.