S.yimg.com Removal Tips
s.yimg.com is classified as a browser hijacker or a redirect virus. It enters your computer secretly and hijacks all main browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Then the application changes your home pages and default search engines in all these browsers without your permission.
It is not a trustworthy application and we strongly recommend to stay away from it. The best course of action would be to remove s.yimg.com and to reclaim your previous browsers’ settings. Read the following article to find out more about this software.
What does s.yimg.com do?
Do not be surprised, if you are forced to observe countless advertisements from the moment this hijacker enters your PC. The application generates revenue for every click on the predetermined links and thus it is not surprising that it makes every effort to route you to those websites. For the same purpose the hijacker infiltrates your browsers. If you attempt to to use the provided search engine, you will notice that the search results are displayed among many advertisements and alongside additional links which may be complete unrelated to your search query. This overload of information is difficult to deal with, since every time you use the engine you have to filter the relevant data from the general junk. If you do not want to see this mess every time you use your search tool, delete s.yimg.com.
However, hijackers can cause other problems as well. After clicking the wrong link or ad, you can be directed to a suspicious website. An possible encounter with malware would most likely result in serious infection which will be much harder to remove than a browser hijacker. Besides, in some cases your system may be irreversibly damaged or you can lose some important information. Take your computer’s security seriously and get rid of s.yimg.com before that happens.
In the future, you should try to protect your PC from browser hijackers and other unwanted applications. Since they mostly infiltrate the user’s system together with freeware, you need to be more attentive during the next installation process. Choose Advanced or Custom option and carefully peruse the presented software license agreement. Remember that additional programs can be disclosed in any part of this document, so you need be very observant. Deselect the unwanted applications before they enter your computer.
How to remove s.yimg.com?
For an inexperienced user we suggest to use a legitimate anti-spyware to erase s.yimg.com. If you are determined to perform s.yimg.com removal manually, you should follow the instructions provided below. However, if the symptoms mentioned above do not disappear after you terminate s.yimg.com, you will still have to scan your PC with an anti-malware tool.
- Press Windows key + R and type in Control Panel.
- Choose Enter and click Uninstall a program.
- Find and uninstall s.yimg.com.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start button and enter Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and uninstall s.yimg.com.
- Open Start menu and tap Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove programs and remove s.yimg.com.
Eliminate s.yimg.com from your browsers
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A at the same time and choose Extensions.
- Find and erase all suspicious extensions and close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options.
- In the General tab, replace the current home page with your preferred one.
- Click OK and close the menu.
- Tap the search icon in the search box and select Manage Search engines.
- Delete the undesirable search engines and choose your new search engine.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and navigate to Tools.
- Choose Extensions and remove the unwanted extensions.
- Open Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages under On startup.
- Tap Set pages, eliminate the current home page and choose a new one instead.
- Choose OK.
- Access Manage Search Engines under search, get rid of the current search engine and set a new one.
- Tap Done and restart your browser.
- Press Alt+X and select Manage add-ons.
- Enter Toolbars and Extensions and delete all unwanted extensions.
- Choose Search Providers, delete the undesirable search engine and choose a new one.
- Save the changes and close the window.
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet Options.
- In the General tab, remove the current home page and select a new one.
- Select OK.