Search.atajitos.com Removal Guide
Search.atajitos.com is a Brazilian browser hijacker which modifies your home page and redirects users to other search engines. We guarantee that those search engines are untrustworthy and you should stay away from them.
This hijacker causes such a mess in your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers that you will be unable to determine which search engine performs your searchers. We strongly advise to stay away from these ads and to delete Search.atajitos.com from your computer so that you could browse peacefully once more.
What does Search.atajitos.com do?
This application redirects your search queries to several different search engines, depending on where you enter your search key. For example, if you use the search box, Search.atajitos.com presents you with Yahoo! Search results. However, if your habit is to use address box, the hijacker will route you to other pages. If you use an address box that belongs to Internet Explorer, you will see search results from search.atajitos.com. The users who prefer Google Chrome browser, will have to use the results from search.navegaki.com. All this confusion is very distracting and users are rarely satisfied with the provided services. If you too do not wish to experience constant redirection, you should eliminate Search.atajitos.com.
The hijacker infiltrates home page through shortcut targets and even adds its own shortcut to your desktop. When you perform Search.atajitos.com removal, do not forget to fix the Target line too. If you fail to do that, the hijacker will not allow you to undo the changed browsers’ settings.
Also, like all the other hijackers, this intruder shows numerous eye-catching advertisements hoping that you will click them. Do not fall for the tricks of this application, because the ads may route you to malicious pages. If you encounter cyber criminals, chances are that you will get infected with malware. Viruses, Trojans, worms, and other forms of malignant software may seriously damage your system. Do not hesitate and terminate Search.atajitos.com.
It is likely that this application entered your computer with freeware which you recently downloaded from some suspicious page. This method is called ‘bundling’ and it is very popular among the distributors of the unwanted software. It is also possible that alongside the hijacker some other, even more untrustworthy software, infiltrated your computer. We recommend to use a legitimate anti-malware to delete Search.atajitos.com and to scan your PC for further treats.
How to remove Search.atajitos.com?
You should use a professional security tool to remove Search.atajitos.com. While in some cases it is possible to remove hijackers manually, this one appears to be quite difficult and tricky. Do not forget that a reliable computer security application could also protect your PC in the future. However, if you are determined to erase Search.atajitos.com by yourself, follow instructions provided below.
Modify your Target line
- Right-click the browser’s shortcut and select Properties.
- Go to the Target line and delete everything after the quotation marks.
- Tap OK.
- Right-click the Metro UI screen.
- Click All apps.
- Select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the suspicious application.
- Click Uninstall to remove the undesirable software.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click the Windows logo (on the Taskbar).
- Open Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the software you want to remove.
- Select Uninstall and delete unreliable application from your PC.
- Click the Start button.
- Access Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Change or Remove Programs.
- Select and Remove the undesirable software.
Uninstall Search.atajitos.com from your browsers
- Open IE and press Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options.
- Move the cursor to the Advanced tab.
- Tap Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings.
- Click the Reset button once more.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox and tap Alt+H.
- Open Troubleshooting Information.
- Choose Reset Firefox.
- Afterwards, select Reset Firefox again.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+F together.
- Click Settings.
- Choose Show Advanced settings.
- Select Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to finish the procedure.