Search.coupons.com Removal Tips
Search.coupons.com is a typical browser hijacker that changes browsers’ settings upon entering your computer. If you noticed that your home page and new tab page were changed to search.coupons.com, while your search engine was changed to Web Search without your permission, then you can be sure that you have an intruder inside your system.
This hijacker is closely related to Coupons.com toolbar, actively promotes it and in some cases travels with it. Since this software is compatible with all major browsers, you will not be able to avoid this intruder by changing browsers. Your only choice is to delete search.coupons.com from your computer.
What does search.coupons.com do?
search.coupons.com enters user’s computer bundled with freeware. We already mentioned that it often travels with Coupons.com toolbar, however it also can come bundled with other software as well. This distribution method is helped by the users that do not monitor installations. If you acquire free downloads from the unofficial websites, it is essential to follow every step of the installation wizard. Choose Advanced or Custom option and read the software license agreement. Careful perusal of this document will ensure that you notice the additional programs and thus will be able to uncheck them. Do not leave your computer’s safety to chance.
This application manages to alter your browsing settings and makes Web Search your new default search engine. First of all, you should never tolerate the unauthorized changes made in your computer. Besides, Web Search is not a trustworthy engine and chances are that as long as you use it, you will continuously receive altered search results. The hijacker will add links to sponsored pages in between your true results and will most likely present commercial ads too. All this junk usually overwhelms the users and distracts them from their browsing. It seems that people are especially annoyed by the ads that tend to appear in almost every new window you open. Remove search.coupons.com in order to stop the flow of advertisements.
Since the hijacker cares only about the promotion of the third parties, there is a big chance that the links or the advertisements will route you to malicious pages. If that happens and your system gets infected with malware, you may experience identity theft or financial loss. Eliminate search.coupons.com before that occurs.
How to remove search.coupons.com?
We always recommend the users to employ a reputable anti-spyware for search.coupons.com removal, because it is the safest option. Besides, this way you will be sure that all parts of the hijacker are removed. If you would rather get rid of search.coupons.com manually, you should follow the guidelines below. Whichever way you choose, do not delay search.coupons.com removal any longer.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click the Windows logo to open the Start menu.
- Access the Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
- Right-click search.coupons.com.
- Select Uninstall to uninstall search.coupons.com.
- Click the Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs and select Change or Remove Programs.
- Choose and Remove search.coupons.com.
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen and tap All apps.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click search.coupons.com and choose Uninstall remove search.coupons.com.
Terminate search.coupons.com from your browsers
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and click Extensions.
- Terminate all suspicious extensions and leave the tab.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options.
- Change/delete the home page (General tab).
- Tap OK and close the menu.
- Click the search icon and select Manage Search engines.
- Delete/change the unwanted search engine.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and open Tools.
- Select Extensions and eliminate the unwanted extensions.
- Access Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and remove/change your home page.
- Click OK and go to Manage Search Engines.
- Remove/change the search engine and tap Done. Restart the browser.
- Press Alt+X and access Manage add-ons.
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions and delete all suspicious extensions.
- Tap Search Providers and replace the unwanted search engine with a new one.
- Click Save and leave the window.
- Press Alt+X and open Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete/change your current home and choose OK.