Search.eshield.com Removal Guide
Search.eshield.com is a browser hijacker which affects Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. The users usually notice this unwanted application inside their computers after it changes their browsers’ settings. The hijacker modifies your home page and default search engine the minute it enters your PC.
You must have already noticed that you are unable to undo these changes and we have to inform you that the only way to get back your old settings is to delete Search.eshield.com from your system. If you are not sure how to do it, read the following article to learn how to eliminate Search.eshield.com.
What does Search.eshield.com do?
The main goal of any hijacker is to increase traffic to the promoted pages and this one is no different. The application generates revenue for every click on the predetermined links and it will do anything to make you choose them. You must understand that the intruder does not care about your computer’s safety or your comfort and that makes it highly untrustworthy. It is obvious that Search.eshield.com removal must become your priority.
Our researchers found out that the provided advertisements may cause a lot of problems to your system and thus we recommend to avoid clicking them. Since the hijacker does not concern itself with the quality of the ads, it does not check their contents. As a result, nobody knows where you will be directed and it is entirely possible that you will enter an untrustworthy page. If you encounter the malicious third parties, you will probably get infected with malware and that is something you must avoid at all costs. If a keylogger, Trojan, virus, or some other similar software gets inside your system, the consequences will be hazardous. Take care of your computer and delete Search.eshield.com.
In addition to this obvious danger, the ads are also very annoying and intrusive. You will be forced to see them in every new window you open which is very disruptive for your normal browsing experience. There is no reason why you would wish to keep seeing those pop-ups, in-text ads, etc. during your surfing. To get rid of them, you must terminate Search.eshield.com. Some users think that the provided advertisements may be useful, since they seem to correspond perfectly with users’ latest search queries. However, this is just another trick of the hijacker designed to make you click the ads. The application follows your online activities, monitors your every click, browsing history, search queries, IP address, preferred browsers, and so on. All this information is used to make the ads more appealing to you and to ensure that you will choose them. We, on the other hand, advise to avoid the advertisements and to remove Search.eshield.com from your computer.
How did the Search.eshield.com infiltrate your system?
The hijacker most likely entered your system together with free of charge software that you downloaded from the suspicious page. This deceptive distribution method is called ‘bundling’ and is used very often to spread the unwanted applications. You should really consider the wisdom of installing freeware or shareware from unsafe pages. We recommend to use official websites which would ensure that no undesirable applications enter your system. However, if you are determined to proceed, you should at least take all the possible precautions. Select Advanced or Custom option and read the provided End User License Agreement carefully. This will allow you to monitor every step of the installation and to stop the unwanted applications from entering your system. Simply click Decline button next to the suspicious entry and the software will not enter your PC.
How to remove Search.eshield.com?
The best option would be to install a reputable anti-spyware and to use it to get rid of Search.eshield.com. If you wish to preform Search.eshield.com removal, follow the instructions presented below. Either way, deal with this issue at once.
1. Press Windows key+R and type in Control Panel.
2. Choose OK and move to Uninstall a program.
3. Uninstall Search.eshield.com.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
1. Tap Start and select Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program and uninstall Search.eshield.com.
1. Open Start menu and choose Control Panel.
2. Go to Add or Remove programs and erase Search.eshield.com.
Uninstall Search.eshield.com from your browsers
1. Press Ctrl+Shift+A and select Extensions.
2. Find and delete all suspicious extensions and leave the tab.
3. Press Alt+T and navigate to Options.
4. In the General tab in order to change the current home page with your preferred one.
5. Tap OK and close the menu.
6. Click the icon in the search box and select Manage Search engines.
7. Erase the unwanted search engines and set your new default search engine.
8. Click OK.
1. Press Alt+F and move to Tools.
2. Go to Extensions and eliminate the unwanted extensions.
3. Choose Settings and tap Open a page or a set of pages under On startup.
4. Open Set pages, terminate the current home page and set a new one.
5. Choose OK.
6. Click Manage Search Engines under search, delete the current search engine and select a new one.
7. Click Done and restart Google Chrome browser.
1. Press Alt+X and navigate to Manage add-ons.
2. Go to Toolbars and Extensions and remove all unwanted extensions.
3. Click Search Providers, get rid of the unwanted search engine and choose a new one.
4. Save changes and leave the window.
5. Press Alt+X and go to Internet Options.
6. In the General tab erase your current home page and select a new one.
7. Click OK.