Search.golliver.com Removal Instructions
Search.golliver.com is a browser hijacker designed to direct traffic to the promoted pages. Once this application enters your computer, it changes the settings in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers. The software is very similar to such well-known hijackers like Taplika, Binkiland, Astromenda, Vosteran, and so on.
All these intruders are quite dangerous and if you do not deal with them quickly, they may cause a lot of problems. We advise not to delay and not to risk the safety of your PC. Remove Search.golliver.com as soon as you notice it inside your system.
What does Search.golliver.com do?
Hijackers rarely ask for permission to enter a new computer. In fact, more often than not they secretly infiltrate the PC bundled with free of charge software completely unnoticed by the users. The programs with which this particular hijacker travels most often are MyPCBackup, DealKeeper, and Optimizer Pro. However, you should be aware that occasionally it is sneaks in with malicious software. Also, know that often this application is installed alongside Jamenize web browser created with the help of Chromium engine. All this means that if you found Search.golliver.com in your PC, you will most likely have to take care of at least a few other undesirable programs too. These are certainly useless and sometimes even harmful additions to your computer. We suggest not to delay any longer and to take care of Search.golliver.com removal.
Once the hijacker gets situated in your system, it will immediately start its suspicious activities. The changes performed on your browsers will include the altered home page and default search engine. This allows the intruder to present you with untrustworthy search results and ensure that you will visit the promoted pages. You will also be presented with numerous commercial advertisements which may appear in almost every new window that you open. Since for every click on the presented ad the application earns money, you should not be surprised that it does everything to make you choose them. However, we advise not to trust the presented ads or the search results. Since the promoted third parties are completely unknown, chances are that at some point you will be exposed to the malicious content. Be cautious and make sure that your system is safe by taking care of Search.golliver.com removal.
How to remove Search.golliver.com?
The presence of this hijacker proves that you do not have a legitimate anti-spyware or that it is outdated. If you wish to eliminate Search.golliver.com, we advise to purchase a reputable computer security software. Such application would be able to terminate Search.golliver.com and also would protect your PC from other similar threats. However, in some cases manual Search.golliver.com removal is also possible. You can follow the guidelines presented below and attempt to get rid of Search.golliver.com by yourself.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
1. Click Start button on the Taskbar and open Control Panel.
2. Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall Search.golliver.com.
1. Open the Charm menu and select Settings.
2. Access Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
3. Uninstall Search.golliver.com from your PC.
1. Open Start menu and choose Control Panel.
2. Move the cursor to Add or Remove programs and delete Search.golliver.com.
Delete Search.golliver.com from your browsers
1. Tap the Gear icon and choose Internet Options.
2. Overwrite your home page in the General tab and click Gear icon.
3. Access Manage Add-ons and go to Toolbars and Extensions.
4. Remove unwanted add-ons and delete/change your search engine.
1. Tap the menu and open Options.
2. Click the General tab and overwrite your home page.
3. Move to Search tab and change/remove your search provider.
4. Click the menu icon once more and open Add-ons.
5. Terminate the suspicious extensions.
1. Open the menu and choose Settings.
2. Click Set pages. Delete the current home page and choose a new one.
3. Under Search, press Manage search engines and change/remove a search provider.
4. Navigate to Extensions and erase unknown add-ons.