Search.Jzip.com Removal Guide
Search.Jzip.com is a browser hijacker. Sometimes it is called Search.Jzip.com hijack, Search.Jzip.com homepage or Search.Jzip.com redirect virus, however all these names refer to the same thing. As soon as it enters your PC it starts changing your browser settings in Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Search.Jzip.com becomes your home page and Ask.com becomes your default search engine. These changes are done without your permission and the only way to undo them is to remove Search.Jzip.com from your computer. If you continue reading this article, we will tell you all the other reasons why you should get rid of Search.Jzip.com as soon as possible.
How does Search.Jzip.com work?
Just like any other browser hijacker, Search.Jzip.com also earns money by promoting sponsored websites. In between search result, it displays sponsored links hopping that you will click them. Do not forget that with every click on the specific website their revenue grows and this hijacker will do everything to induce you to choose these links. Our researchers discovered that this rogue software monitors your Internet activities. It also collects your browsing history, your preferred pages, the data you entered in them, etc. This way the hijacker is able to present to you interesting ads and pop-ups which redirect you to predetermined websites increasing their traffic.
This is, of course, very annoying, but it can also be very dangerous. The websites you are directed to, may be managed by cyber criminals. If you accidentally land in such page, your computer will probably be infected with Trojans, viruses or any other kind of malware. You may also lose valuable personal information like financial data. As long as it resides inside your system, no one can say where this malicious hijacker will redirect you and what will happen. If you care about the safety of your computer, you must uninstall Search.Jzip.com.
Search.Jzip.com hijacker usually enters your PC bundled with freeware from unreliable websites. Follow every download carefully, choose Custom or Advanced installation and deselect boxes that announce additional applications. Also, stay away from fake installers claiming that you need software update. If you see an alert claiming that you need an update, make sure that the source is legitimate.
How to remove Search.Jzip.com?
Search.Jzip.com is a rogue hijacker that can cause a lot of damage to your computer. We strongly recommend to uninstall Search.Jzip.com as soon as you are aware of its existence. Follow the Search.Jzip.com removal instructions displayed below this. Remember to employ a reputable antimalware and to scan your computer with it afterwards.
- Go to the bottom right corner of the screen and choose Settings in the Charm bar.
- Select Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- Find unwanted application and Uninstall it.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program and remove the unwanted application.
- Click Start and choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or remove programs and find the unwanted application.
- Remove it.
Eliminate Search.Jzip.com from your browsers
- Open menu (top right corner) and click Settings.
- Choose Show advanced settings and select Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset.
- Open menu and choose Options.
- Change homepage URL.
- Open menu and choose question icon.
- Click Troubleshooting Information and select Reset Firefox.
- Open Internet Explorer and click menu.
- Choose Internet Options and go to General tab
- Change your home page.
- Open menu again and select Internet Options.
- Click Advanced tab and choose Reset.
- Select Delete Personal Settings and click Reset.