Search.ominent.com Removal Tips
Search.ominent.com is a browser hijacker that disguises itself as a search engine. This rogue invader was created by a company called Montiera Technologies ltd. Once it enters your computer, it changes your home page and your default search engine to Search.Ominent.com and makes it impossible to undo these changes for as long as the browser hijacker remains in your system. These changes can occur in all most popular browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. The modification of your browser settings is just one of many reason why our research team find this search engine untrustworthy and recommend to remove search.ominent.com from your PC.
What does search.ominent.com do?
It is possible to install this toolbar directly from ominent.com, however sometimes it travels by other means. It was noticed that search.ominent.com appears in user’s computer even without direct installation. This application is known to enter the system bundled with freeware from unreliable sites. It often comes with Tuvaro Toolbar or FunMoods applications. You need to be very cautious and follow every installation process carefully. Always choose Advanced or Custom installation and uncheck the boxes that suggest additional programs. Do not be one of those users that blindly installs a program and only later notices that it brought many unwanted additions alongside. If you have already made this mistake, delete search.ominent.com as soon as you can.
It was also reported that this browser hijacker follows your online activity. It collects your browsing history, search queries, your favorite websites, the time you spend in them, and the data you enter. Every bit of information will reach the developers of search.ominent.com. They perform this surveillance in order to display to you the most interesting ads. The software makes a lot of money by promoting sponsored links. search.ominent.com often alters search result by adding many links to sponsored websites. These links may have nothing to do with your search queries, but you may accidentally click on them anyway. This hijacker also presents to you a constant flow of advertisements. These are adapted to your interests so it is entirely possible that you will choose them. You should now that none of these sponsored pages are one-hundred percent safe. The invader does not care what it promotes, its only concern is how to increase the revenue. It is very likely that you will end up in a highly dangerous site managed by cyber criminals. If you land in such website, you will probably get infected with malware. A possibility of infection should be the main incentive why you should get rid of search.ominent.com.
How to remove search.ominent.com?
We hope that we managed to convince you that you must erase search.ominent.com Do not take unnecessary risks with your computer’s safety. We will help you by providing detailed instructions on how to terminate search.ominent.com. Scan your computer with antimalware after the search.ominent.com removal is completed.
- Go to to the bottom right corner of the screen and click Settings in the Charm bar.
- Select Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall search.ominent.com.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and delete search.ominent.com.
- Click Start and move to Control panel.
- Choose Add or remove programs and remove search.ominent.com.
Terminate search.ominent.com from your browsers
- Press Alt+X and choose Manage Add-ons.
- Move to Toolbars and go to Extensions.
- Remove search.ominent.com.
- Click Search Providers and delete the unwanted search engine.
- Choose a new search engine.
- Save changes and close window.
- Press Alt+X again and move to the Internet Options.
- In the General tab change the home page and set a new one.
- Click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously and choose Add-ons Manager.
- Choose Extensions and select Remove next to search.ominent.com.
- Close the tab.
- Press Alt+T and move to Options.
- In General tab change the current home page and set a new one.
- Tap OK and click Close.
- Click the search engine icon (top right corner) and click Manage search engines.
- Delete the unwanted search engine and choose a new one.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+F and choose More tools.
- Select Extensions and delete search.ominent.com by clicking the trash icon.
- Choose Settings and select Open a page or a set of pages.
- Choose Set pages and delete the current home page and select a new one.
- Click OK.
- Under search bar choose Manage search engines and remove the unwanted search engine.
- Choose a new search engine and click Done.
- Restart the browser.