What is Searches.omiga-plus.com?
Searches.omiga-plus.com is a browser hijacker that is distributed via free software. The application can also be downloaded from omiga-plus.com. It changes you browser settings without your authorization. The hijacker affects all web browsers. It was developed by Taiwan Shui Mu Chih Ching Technology. Searches.omiga-plus.com should not be trusted as it will cause various changes in your browsers that you have no need for. Advertisements, redirects and sponsored links will become a big part of your Internet surfing. In order to return your browsers back to normal, you will have to terminate Searches.omiga-plus.com.
How does Searches.omiga-plus.com work?
As it has already been mentioned, Searches.omiga-plus.com may come bundled with other freeware. It has been linked to Fast Start, Desk 365, SoftStud and other potentially unwanted applications. You should keep in mind that free software often comes with browser hijackers and adware programs. If you want to avoid those, you should always choose Advanced installation option and decline all additional offers.
Searches.omiga-plus.com is very similar to other applications of this type like qone8.com, nationzoom.com, aartemis.com, v9.com, and many more. It hijacks your browsers by replacing your home page and default search engine. The program also causes redirects and advertisements to appear in your browsers. That is the main problem with Searches.omiga-plus.com. The program does not endorse the adverts that it presents you with, therefore you can easily be exposed to fake ads promoting malware or potentially unwanted applications as useful software. You need to avoid these ads at all costs. Moreover, the program also slows down your Internet speed and collects information about your online behavior. There is no reason you should tolerate that. Eliminate Searches.omiga-plus.com from your system as soon as you can.
How to remove Searches.omiga-plus.com?
As it is not likely that the hijacker entered your PC on its own, we recommend you download a malware scanner and check what potentially unwanted programs are stored on your system. The scanner is absolutely free and it will help you decide which applications you need to remove. Once you identify the problems, you can either use a malware remover tool to get rid of Searches.omiga-plus.com or you can delete it manually. If you choose manual Searches.omiga-plus.com removal, you can use the instructions presented below. If the hijacker regenerates, which is possible as the manual removal is not the most reliable solution, you should implement the anti-malware utility.
1) Uninstall Searches.omiga-plus.com from Windows:
Windows 7 & Vista/8
- Start/Settings → Control Panel → Uninstall a program
- Choose the unwanted application and click Uninstall
- Start → Control Panel → Add or remove programs
- Select the program and click Remove
2) Delete Searches.omiga-plus.com from browsers:
- Gear icon → Internet Options → Advanced tab → Reset
- Mark Delete personal settings and click Reset again
- Menu → Question mark → Troubleshooting Information
- Click Reset Firefox twice and then click Finish
- Menu → Settings → Show Advanced Settings
- Click Reset browser settings and confirm it
3) Modify the browser shortcuts:
- Right-click on the browser icon
- Go to Properties
- Select Shortcut and locate Target
- Erase all text after “.exe”
- Click OK to save changes