Searchult Virus Removal Instructions
Computer experts categorize Searchult Virus as a browser hijacker. This hijacker will change your home page and default search engine as soon as it enters your computer. At first glance, the search engine looks completely harmless, but in reality it is not so.
Some users may be tempted to use the search tool, because it provides quick access to popular pages like Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and so on. However, we doubt that you want to risk your computer’s safety, just so you could open these websites with one click on the presented shortcut. In this article, we will explain why it is so important to eliminate Searchult Virus from your computer.
What does Searchult Virus do?
Like any other hijacker, Searchult Virus enters your computer secretly. Unless you are very careful during freeware installation, you will most likely miss the moment this software infiltrates your system. However, you should learn to notice such programs and prevent them from entering your system. In the future, instead of Quick or Typical installation option, choose Advanced or Custom. Either one of the two will let you monitor every step of the procedure and you will be able to stop undesirable applications from infiltrating your PC.
As we mentioned, the hijacker changes your browsers’ settings. Unfortunately, the provided search engine cannot be trusted. The intruder promotes the third parties which means that it adds sponsored links to your search results. Since nobody checks those links or the pages to which you will be routed, the links are unreliable. After clicking the presented link, you may be redirected to a malicious website and consequently get infected with malware. To avoid this outcome, you should stay away from the search tool and delete Searchult Virus from your computer, before its presence causes you serious trouble.
In addition to unauthorized changes and increased risk of malware infection, you should also know that this intruder often travels in Installcore installers together with such applications like CouponDownloader, Deal Keeper, and Sweet Page. It means that if the hijacker is in your PC, chances are that those programs reside in your system too. After Searchult Virus removal, do not forget to check your computer for other unwanted programs. All the undesirable applications can indirectly harm your system and worsen its general performance.
How to remove Searchult Virus?
We believe it is quite obvious that you should terminate Searchult Virus from your PC. The hijacker is of no use to you and it can cause a lot of trouble to your system. You should install a reputable computer security software and use it to erase Searchult Virus. You can also follow the manual Searchult Virus removal instructions provided under this article. Either way, do not let this intruder stay in your PC.
1. Right-click the Metro UI screen.
2. Select All apps to open a menu and click Control Panel.
3. Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the undesirable application.
4. Press Uninstall to delete Searchult.com.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
1. Click the Windows logo (on the Taskbar) to access the Start menu.
2. Tap the Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
3. Right-click the program you want to terminate.
4. Select Uninstall and get rid of Searchult Virus.
1. Click the Start button to access a menu.
2. Open Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the menu, select Change or Remove Programs.
4. Click and Remove Searchult Virus.
Uninstall Searchult Virus from your browsers
1. Press the Gear icon and access Internet Options.
2. Remove/change your home page on the General tab.
3. Click the Gear icon and choose Manage Add-ons.
4. In Toolbars and Extensions, terminate unwanted add-ons.
5. In Search Providers, designate a new search engine and erase the old engine.
1. Open the menu and select Options.
2. In the General tab, replace your home page with the one you like.
3. In the Search tab, delete/change your search tool.
4. Tap the menu again and select Add-ons.
5. Remove unknown extensions.
1. Click the menu and press Settings.
2. Open Set pages and set your new home page (after you delete the old address).
3. Under Search, choose Manage search engine.
4. Overwrite your search provider.
5. Navigate to Extensions and erase useless add-ons.