Sliding Coupons Removal Tips
Sliding Coupons is an advertising supported application developed by Engaging Apps and promoted at slidingcoupons.com. This software is identical to Price-Slayer, Price-Horse, Price-Chomper, etc. The creators claim that it will provide you with discounts and improve your browsing experience. Unfortunately, once the program enters user’s computer, it reveals itself as an annoying and irritating adware which shows with multiple advertisements and installs extensions without permission.
Since the application is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox (only the latest version of Google Chrome blocks the extension), you will not be able to avoid it. We advise to remove Sliding Coupons.
What does Sliding Coupons do?
It will not be hard to notice that the adware entered your computer, since it will immediately start showering you with commercial pop-ups, banners, in-text ads, and so on. For some users, the constant advertising is enough to start looking for ways to delete Sliding Coupons. However, even if you are more patient than the others, we still recommend to follow their example. Keep in mind that the adware generates revenue for every click on sponsored ads. Since its main goal is to direct traffic to the third parties’ pages, it does not care what will happen to your computer. As long as it is not liable for any damage sustained by your PC in those websites, it does not check their contents or their owners. Consequently, every time you click the provided ad, you will be routed to a completely unknown site. If it turns out to be malicious, you will probably encounter cyber criminals and get infected with malware. Before that happens, terminate Sliding Coupons.
You should also know that this intruder follows your online activities and uses the gathered information to personalize the ads. Furthermore, the adware sells this data to the affiliate parties, which means that you will never known who has access to your information and for what purposes it was used. To stop this spying, remove Sliding Coupons.
If you wish to protect your computer from these applications in the future, pay more attention to the next freeware installation procedure. Choose Advanced or Custom option and monitor every step of the installation wizard. If you see the additional programs, deselect them.
How to remove Sliding Coupons?
You can choose between two ways in which you can get rid of Sliding Coupons. The users who would prefer to let the professionals erase Sliding Coupons, should install a professional anti-spyware and scan their PC. The same computer security tool will also safeguard your system after Sliding Coupons removal. Another option is to follow manual instructions on how to uninstall Sliding Coupons. You will find the guidelines below and if you follow them closely, you should be able to clean your PC on your own.
Delete Sliding Coupons
Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Press the Windows logo on the Taskbar to access the Start menu.
- Choose the Control Panel and pick Uninstall a program.
- Right-click Sliding Coupons and select Uninstall.
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen and pick All apps to access a menu.
- Go to Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the undesirable software and uninstall Sliding Coupons.
- Press the Start button on the Taskbar in order to open menu.
- Click Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Change or Remove Programs and delete Sliding Coupons.
Eliminate Sliding Coupons from your browsers
- Start IE and click the gear icon.
- Navigate to Manage Add-ons and open Toolbars and Extensions tab.
- Delete the unwanted extensions.
- Launch your browser and tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously.
- Access Add-ons Manager and click on Extensions.
- Remove suspicious extensions.
- Launch Google Chrome and press menu icon.
- Open Tools and go to Extensions.
- Tap the trash can icon next to the undesirable extension.
- Click Remove.