What is SmartBar?
SmartBar Toolbar is a browser hijacker created by Linkury Inc company. The moment it enters you computer it installs itself on Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers and changes your homepage and default search engine. It means that SmartBar becomes responsible for your search results and they leave much to be desired.
All your search queries are altered and presented in the midst of numerous advertisements. Of course this slows down your computer. In the following article we will explain why this toolbar is not only very annoying, but also quite dangerous and why we recommend to delete SmartBar as soon as possible.
How does SmartBar work?
First of all you should never trust a program that enters your computer without your permission. While it is possible to download SmartBar directly from linkury.net, linkurysmartbar.com and linkury.com, it usually enters you computer bundled with free of charge software from websites of dubious reputation. The users rarely notice its entrance, since few actually read Installation Agreement. This way they loose an opportunity to deselect a box that informs the user that SmartBar is part of the package that he downloads. If this happened and this hijacker entered your PC, we suggest to remove SmartBar.
The browser hijacker also shows many pop-up advertisements which can direct you to highly dangerous sites, if you accidentally click on them. These pages belong to the third parties that are not supervised by SmartBar. Thus you can land in a site that belongs to cyber criminals and get infected with all kinds of malware. The toolbar itself also displays many links to sponsored websites that are just as untrustworthy as the links in the ads. To protect yourself from infection we urge you to get rid of SmartBar.
You should also know that this hijacker collects your personal information like your preferred browser, your IP address, Internet Service Providers and son on. It also tracks your Internet browsing, the pages you visit, the time you spend in them, etc. That is done to customize the advertisements to you, but this hijacker also gives access to this data to the third parties and they can use it to malicious purposes. Your financial information, user names and passwords can be easily compromised. Do not let this untrustworthy program to stay inside your PC and uninstall SmartBar.
How to remove SmartBar?
Follow the detailed instructions below to delete SmartBar. This program is absolutely useless to you, but the risks it brings to your system makes it impossible to ignore. If you care about the safety of you PC, you will erase SmartBar right away. We also recommend to scan you computer with a legitimate antimalware after the SmartBar removal.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and choose Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and find the unwanted programs.
- Uninstall them.
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove programs and mark the suspicious programs.
- Remove them.
- Go to the bottom right corner of the screen and choose Settings.
- Go to Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- Find the unwanted programs and uninstall them.
Terminate SmartBar from your browsers
- Press Alt+T and choose Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Click Reset again and choose Close.
- Press Alt+H and choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Select Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again.
- Click Finish.
- Press Alt+F and choose Tools.
- Choose Extensions tab and delete the unwanted extensions.
- Click Settings and choose Set pages and then set a new search provider.
- In the Search section, click Manage search engine and choose a new search provider.