How to Remove Snap.do Search from Chrome, Firefox, IE (Removal Guide)
Snap.do (sometimes called search.snap.do) is a sneaky browser plugin that can be easily downloaded from the official website www.snap.do. This application can perform on all the browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome). Once this application is installed, you will notice a new Snap.do toolbar added on your browser. In general, Snap do is said to help you to perform your browsing activities in more effective way but in fact this browser plugin can only redirect you to illegal websites and cause even more serious problems. That’s why we suggest you to get rid of Snap.do from your computer as soon as possible.
How can Snap do reach your computer?
Even if it is possible to download Snap.do browser plugin from the official website, in most often cases it reaches your computer bundled with other files or programs that you download form the internet. Without even realizing that, you can easily download Snap.do into your computer together with Torrent files, when you perform any update or when you download a video codec. Snap.do can also reach your computer bundled with additional extensions of the browser. It doesn’t mean that if you avoid downloading any unwanted program by yourself, it won’t reach your computer in other ways. That’s why you need to download and install only reliable files that you can trust. Besides that, you must always analyze all additional information that is provided together with the programs or files that you want to download.
Why is it important to remove Snap. do?
It is very important to start the removal of this browser plugin as soon as possible because later you may have even more serious problems. Even if this program is said to be helpful, but in reality, Snap.do, created by cyber criminals, is designed not to help but to infect your computer even more. One of the main signs of infection, provided by this browser plugin, is that you are constantly redirected to illegal, malignant sites. Snap do may also record and collect all your search results that could be sent to the third parties. After that, cyber schemers will know what pages you visit the most and attack you with various advertisements that are connected with your needs. Moreover, when your computer is infected by Snap do browser plugin, schemers can not only expose your search history but they will also know your IP address or another important personal information. Download Removal Toolto remove Snap do
Besides that Snap.do can change your home page and provide you with misleading, unreliable search results. So now, when you know what danger can Snap do cause to your computer and to your personal data, you shouldn’t wait anymore and start Snap do removal.
How you need to delete Snap.do from your computer?
One of the best ways to eliminate this malignant browser plugin form your computer is to use a reliable anti-malware application, for example, SpyHunter. This reputable application will help to terminate Snap.do from your computer and protect it against other malicious infections.
However, you can always try to erase this malicious browser plugin in a manual way. However, after a manual removal of any malignant program some additional files or registry keys can still be left in your computer. That’s why we are highly recommending you to download a reliable anti-spyware application and preform a full system scan as well.
Manual Snap do removal
First of all you should try to uninstall Snap.do from your computer. To do that you have to:
- Open the ‘Start’ menu and go to ‘Control Panel’.
- After that you should move to the ‘Programs’ section and then go to ‘Uninstall a program‘.
- (If you are using Windows XP, you have to go to ‘Control Panel’ and then choose ‘Add or Remove Programs‘ ).
- Once the list of installed programs is displayed, search for Snap do and remove it.
- When you will be displayed with a dialog window, click ‘Yes’.
This malicious browser plugin can affect all the browsers that are installed into your computer. That’s why we suggest you to delete Snap.do from all your browsers as well.
How to remove Snap.do from Internet Explorer:
- First of all you should go to the ‘Tools’ section.
- Then, you move to ‘Manage add-ons’.
- When you will be displayed with ‘Search providers’ list and ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ list, you have to delete Snap.do.
- Once again go to the ‘Tools’ section ‘.
- Then, choose ‘Internet options’ (Here you should delete the existing address of your homepage and enter a new default homepage).
- Finally, click ‘OK‘ .
How to remove Snap.do from Mozilla Firefox:
- At the beginning, click the ‘search engine icon’ (top right of the browser window).
- Now you have to choose ‘Manage Search Engines‘ and when you will be provided with the list, eliminate Snap.do.
- After that you have to click on ‘Firefox button‘, choose ‘Add-ons‘ and then click on ‘Extensions tab‘.
- When you will be provided with all the extensions, you have to remove all the files connected with Snap do.
- Click on ‘Firefox button‘ once again and move to ‘Options’.
- Finally, click on the ‘General tab’ and enter a new homepage address.
How to remove Snap.do from Google Chrome:
- First of all, you have to click on Google Chrome icon and then move to ‘Settings’.
- Here you should click on ‘Manage search engines’ and remove Snap.do.
- After the removal, you should click ‘OK’.
- Click Google Chrome icon once again and go to the ‘Tools’ section.
- From that point you must go to ‘Extensions’ and remove all the extensions that are related with Snap.do.
- Once you get back to the ‘Settings’ section, choose ‘Open a specific page or set of pages‘ and click on ‘Set pages’.
- Final step is to enter a new default homepage and click ‘OK’.