What is Spiltstr.com?
Spiltstr.com is a browser hijacker which alters users browser’s settings as soon as it enters a new computer. This dangerous infection pretends to be a legitimate search engine. However, we must warn you that if you noticed that your usual home page, default search tool, and new tab page were changed to Spiltstr.com, it means that you have a hazardous hijacker in your PC. We strongly recommend to avoid using the provided search engine and to stay away from the ads provided by the intruder. The best solution would be to delete Spiltstr.com from your computer as soon as you can.
What does Spiltstr.com do?
As soon as it enters a new computer, the hijacker modifies browser’s settings. These changes occur in all your favorite browsers which means that the only way to avoid this intruder is to terminate Spiltstr.com. In addition to the changed settings, the hijacker also redirects users and displays multiple advertisements. All these things are done in order to direct as much traffic as possible to the promoted pages. Remember that the software earns money for every click on the sponsored links, thus it should not surprise you that it floods you with them. These additional links and ads make browsing very difficult and annoying, not to mention risky. We advise not to suffer the presence of this hijacker in your computer and to eliminate Spiltstr.com right now.
As we mentioned before, the hijacker makes your browsing risky and dangerous. The biggest threat represented by his application is the completely unknown and untrustworthy third parties. Nobody knows who owns the pages to which you will be directed. Since it is widely known that hijackers are often used as gateways to malware, chances are that at some point you will enter a website controlled by cyber criminals and get infected with malicious software. To avoid this, you should remove Spiltstr.com.
Finally, you should think about the suspicious manner in which this intruder sneaked into your computer. In most cases, hijackers are distributed alongside freeware from the untrustworthy pages. If you often use unofficial sources to acquire free of charge software, we advise to be more careful during the installation procedure. Choose an option which would allow you to control the process and deselect all the additional unwanted programs. Take care of your computer security and do not allow some suspicious software slither into your system.
How to remove Spiltstr.com?
One of the options available to you is manual Spiltstr.com removal. For that you should follow the instructions presented below this article. However, you can also let a legitimate anti-spyware to do the job for you. Purchase a computer security software and eliminate Spiltstr.com from your system. You will be happy to know that the same tool will protect your system from similar threats in the future.
- Click Windows key + R and enter Control Panel.
- Press OK and open Uninstall a program.
- Look for and uninstall Spiltstr.com.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and uninstall the unwanted program.
- Open Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Pick Add or Remove programs and delete the suspicious software.
Erase Spiltstr.com from your browsers
Delete Spiltstr.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Press Control + Shift + A simultaneously and choose Extensions.
- Remove all undesirable extensions and close the tab.
- Click Alt + T and choose Options.
- Go to General tab and replace the current home page with your preferred one.
- Tap OK and leave the menu. Press the search icon and choose Manage Search engines.
- Delete the unwanted search engine and choose your new default search tool.
- Click OK.
Delete Spiltstr.com from Google Chrome
- Tap Alt + F and select Tools.
- Go to Extensions and delete the unwanted extensions.
- Open Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages (under On startup).
- Tap Set pages, remove the current home page and choose another.
- Click OK and go to Manage Search Engines (under sear).
- Delete the current search engine and choose a new one.
- Click Done and restart the browser.
Remove Spiltstr.com from Internet Explorer
- Click Alt + X and pick Manage add-ons.
- Choose Toolbars and Extensions and erase all unwanted extensions.
- Tap Search Providers and remove/change the search engine.
- Save changes and leave the window.
- Press Alt + X and open Internet Options.
- Choose General tab and overwrite the home page. Click OK.