TBNotifier.exe Removal Tips
TBNotifier.exe is an executable file that comes as a part of Ask Toolbar. This file is digitally signed by APN LLC and is usually located in C:Program FilesAskPartnerNetworkToolbarUpdater folder. If you see it listed in Task Manager, it means that Ask Toolbar is installed on your PC.
Ask Toolbar is not a malicious application, however, it is often classified as a potentially unwanted program. It is usually distributed together with other freeware and shareware. The toolbar provides you with a search engine and quick access buttons. If you want to remove TBNotifier.exe from your computer, you will have to terminate Ask Toolbar as well.
How does Ask Toolbar work?
TBNotifier.exe is a part of a potentially unwanted program and the reason you have it is because you installed the toolbar onto your computer. It is very possible that you did that unintentionally. Ask Toolbar is known to be distributed bundled with various freeware applications. You may not have noticed that the software was presented as an additional offer which you did not decline. It is very likely that the toolbar has replaced your home page with tb.home.ask.com and your default search engine with Ask Search. If you use the search provider, you will get original results. Keep in mind that these results will include ads and sponsored links. We would recommend using a more reliable search provider.
The main problem with the toolbar is that it can present you with corrupted links and other unsafe web content. The application does not hold responsibility for the ads, banners and pop-ups that it provides you with and therefore you could be exposed to third party adverts that are aimed at infecting your PC with malware or adware. You may also encounter other virtual scams. In order to get rid of them, you need to eliminate TBNotifier.exe and its related program, namely Ask Toolbar, from your system.
How to delete TBNotifier.exe?
You can delete TBNotifier.exe by uninstalling Ask Toolbar. There are two ways you can do that. One option is to remove it manually and the other one is to use an anti-malware utility that will do it for you. If you choose manual removal, you will have to terminate the unwanted program via Control Panel. If your browser settings have been modified, you will need to restore them. Full instructions of manual TBNotifier.exe removal are provided below the article. However, if you opt for the second option, you should download and install the malware remover. It will scan your computer and detect all elements of the toolbar including TBNotifier.exe. It will then uninstall TBNotifier.exe and other components of the application. Once it does, you will be able to browse the Internet safely once again.
Terminate Ask Toolbar:
- Click Start and select Control Panel
- Pick Add or remove programs
- Choose Ask Toolbar and click Remove
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click on Start and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select Ask Toolbar and click Uninstall
- Press Win+S and type in Control Panel
- Click on the item to open it
- Select Uninstall a program under Programs
- Choose the application and click Uninstall
Reset your browsers:
- Click on the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- Choose the unwanted extension and delete it
- Move to Search Providers and erase Ask Search
- Go back to the icon and click Internet Options
- Replace your home page on the General tab
- Open Mozilla Firefox menu and click Add-ons
- Terminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and click on Options
- On the general tab set your new home page
- Go to Search tab to change you provider
- Here you can also terminate Ask Search
- Click on the menu and go to Settings
- Choose Set pages under On Startup
- Enter your new home page and click OK
- Go to Manage search engines under Search
- Delete Ask Search and set a new provider
- Open Extensions and erase unwanted add-ons