Terra.im Removal Guide
If you see terra.im as you new home page and your default search engine, you can be sure that your PC was infiltrated by a browser hijacker. This application targets Russian speaking Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox users.
From the first glance, the provided search engine may seem quite immaculate and very professional. It provides the user with a few shortcuts to popular pages and manages to create a pleasant first impression. However, you will soon realize that the provided search tool is highly unreliable and the hijacker has many irritating features. After detailed analyzes our researchers suggest to remove terra.im from your computer.
What does terra.im do?
As we already mentioned, the search tool may look trustworthy, but it will reveal true colors the first time you use it. You will be forced to employ an engine that mixes your search results with a bunch of advertisements and additional links. Neither the ads, nor the links can be trusted, since they both belong to the unknown third parties. The hijacker generates revenue for every click on the sponsored links, but it does not interest itself with the nature of these clients. This neglectfulness may cost you a great deal, since it can result in a serious malware infection. We strongly recommend to avoid the presented advertisements and to stay away from the provided search engine.
You also should have noticed that the hijacker follows your Internet activities and records your search queries, browsing history, geographical location, and so on. All this gathered data is used to tailor the ads and to make them more attractive. The application does everything to direct traffic to the third parties’ websites. Since we already explained why you should avoid these advertisements, we now urge to stay strong and to get rid of terra.im.
The hijacker probably infiltrated your system in a freeware bundle that came with the third-party installers. You should be more attentive during your next free software download, if you do not wish to end up with another unwanted application. Choose Advanced or Custom option and opt out of the additional programs by clicking Decline. The boxes that announce additional software can be displayed in any part of the End User License Agreement, so you should read it carefully. Make sure this does not happen again and fix the current situation by performing terra.im removal.
How to remove terra.im?
Your best option is to employ a legitimate anti-spyware and use it to erase terra.im. If you would rather delete terra.im manually, we suggest to follow the guidelines presented below. Either way, do not delay terra.im removal any longer.
Change the Targert Line
- Right-click the browser’s icon.
- Move the cursor to Properties.
- Access the Shortcut tab.
- Find the Target line.
- Remove the text after “exe”.
- Click OK.
- Open Start menu and access Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove programs and remove terra.im
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click the Start button at the bottom left corner of the desktop and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and uninstall terra.im.
- Move your mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen and click Settings.
- Choose Control Panel and open Uninstall a program.
- Find and uninstall terra.im.
Reset your browsers
- Launch your browser and press Alt+H.
- Open Troubleshooting information and click Reset Firefox in the new tab.
- Click Reset Firefox one more time.
- Press Alt+F and select Settings.
- Choose Show advanced settings at the bottom and click Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset again.
- Press Alt+T at the same time and choose Internet options.
- Go to Advanced tab and tap Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings and then click Reset once more.
- Click Close.