Tips on Thesmartsearch.net Removal
The first thing the users notice when Thesmartsearch.net hijacker infiltrates their computer is the changed settings of the most popular web browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. This hijacker enters your computer in a highly clandestine manner and our long time practice shows that you can not trust the program that enters your system without your permission. It is very similar to other hijackers like search-palaza.info, allsearches.info, searchfix.info, and so on. We advise you to remove Thesmartsearch.net from your PC as soon as possible.
How does Thesmartsearch.net work?
As mentioned before, this hijacker modifies the settings of your browsers. It changes your home page and default search engine into Thesmartsearch.net. The problem, other than the fact that you did not asked for this change in the first place, is that it alters the search results. The hijacker earns money by promoting third parties’ interest. It means that it needs to direct as much traffic to sponsored webpages as possible. Thus it scatters the links and many commercial advertisements among your search results hoping that you will click them. You should know that there is no guarantee that these pages are safe, since the hijacker is not responsible for the contents of the pages it directs you to. It is very possible that you will be infected with malware when you land in a malicious website.
This browser hijacker enters your computer together with freeware you download from websites of questionable reputation. Free of charge software travels with additional applications very often, since it allows them to monetize the downloads. You should choose Advance or Custom installation and control the installation by following every step of it carefully. Uncheck the boxes that announce additional programs. If you choose Typical or Quick installation, chances are you will find some unpleasant surprises later. To monitor installation is especially important when we consider that Thesmartsearch.net brings browser settings-modifying adware alongside. This adware also prevents you from undoing the changes done to your browsers’ settings before the hijacker and the supporting programs are removed. Do not delay any longer and delete Thesmartsearch.net.
How to remove Thesmartsearch.net?
It is clear that Thesmartsearch.net is a dangerous software that brings no benefit to you. The best course of action would be to uninstall Thesmartsearch.net and all the programs that it may have brought to your computer. Take care of the security of your computer and terminate Thesmartsearch.net immediately. After the Thesmartsearch.net removal we recommend to employ a reputable antimalware and to scan your computer for any further threats.
Delete Thesmartsearch.net from Windows
- Pres windows key+R and type in Control Panel. Click OK.
- Go to Uninstall a program and find all suspicious applications.
- Uninstall them.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and move to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and choose all unwanted programs.
- Uninstall them.
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Add or Remove programs and remove all suspicious applications.
Erase Thesmartsearch.net from your browsers
- Choose gear icon and click Manage add-ons.
- Delete Thesmartsearch.net from search providers.
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions and delete the suspicious add-ons.
- Click gear icon again and choose Internet Options.
- Change your home page and click OK.
- Choose the search provider icon near search box.
- Select Manage search engines and erase Thesmartsearch.net.
- Simultaneously press Shift+Ctrl+A and delete the unwanted add-ons.
- Click menu icon and go to Options.
- Choose your preferred home page and click OK.
- Open menu and choose Settings.
- Under Search select Manage search engines.
- Remove Thesmartsearch.net.
- Under On startup choose Set pages.
- Set your new home page.
- Move to Extensions and eliminate all unwanted add-ons.