TransitSimplified Toolbar Removal Guide
TransitSimplified Toolbar is a potentially unwanted application created by the Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. and promoted at transitsimplified.com. In its website, the software claims to provide users with an easy access to bus transit schedules, routes, maps, fares, and so on. Unfortunately, the software is not as great as it presents itself to be.
It is possible that the toolbar will appear in your computer without your permission and will change your home page and default search engine. If you have this software in your computer, but are disappointed with its services, we advise to terminate TransitSimplified Toolbar.
What does TransitSimplified Toolbar do?
While it is possible to download this toolbar from the official website, in most cases users notice it in their Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers after freeware installation. Furthermore, it also possible that the application entered your PC alongside some kind of malicious software which currently also resides in your system. In the future, be more cautious with your free software installations. Make sure to choose Advanced or Custom option and carefully peruse the software licenses agreement. The additional programs are often disclosed in this document which conveniently gives you an opportunity to deselect them. Do not be neglectful and prevent the undesirable applications from entering your PC. If such software is already inside your computer, remove TransitSimplified Toolbar as soon as possible.
As we said, users rarely pay attention to the installation procedures. Instead they often acquire free applications from the unofficial pages by blindly clicking the ‘Next’ button. This way, many users fail to notice the alert which informs about the fact that this toolbar will change your home page to home.tb.ask.com and your default search tool to search.tb.ask.com. If you are one of the users who missed this information, you are probably very surprised to find your settings altered. While Ask.com is not malicious or dangerous, you should not be too trustful either. It is a well known fact that this search engine presents users with sponsored search result which may expose you to unreliable content. If you click the suspicious ad or link, you may find yourself in a website manged by cyber crooks. In these circumstances, it is very easy to accidentally install malware which is why we advsie to delete TransitSimplified Toolbar before that happens.
How to remove TransitSimplified Toolbar?
If you wish to get rid of TransitSimplified Toolbar, you can follow the instructions prepared by our computer experts and displayed under this report. These guidelines will help you eliminate TransitSimplified Toolbar manually. If you would rather leave TransitSimplified Toolbar removal to the professional software, you need to buy a legitimate anti-spyware. An authentic tool will delete TransitSimplified Toolbar and will also take care of your PC afterwards.
Erase TransitSimplified Toolbar
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Press Start button and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and uninstall TransitSimplified Toolbar.
- Access Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Tap Add or Remove programs and remove TransitSimplified Toolbar.
- Click Windows key + R and enter Control Panel.
- Press OK and choose Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall TransitSimplified Toolbar.
Eliminate TransitSimplified Toolbar from your browsers
- Press the Gear icon and choose Internet Options.
- Replace your current home page with a new one in the General tab.
- Tap Gear icon again and open Manage Add-ons.
- Navigate to Toolbars and Extensions and remove unwanted add-ons.
- In search Providers, remove/change your search engine.
- Press the menu and select Settings.
- Tap Set pages and overwrite your home page.
- Under Search, press Manage search engine.
- Change/remove the search provider.
- Open Extensions and delete useless add-ons.
- Tap the menu and access Options.
- Open General tab and overwrite your home page.
- Go to Search tab, delete this search provider and choose another.
- Tap the menu once more and open Add-ons.
- Terminate undesirable extensions.