Trojan.Ransomlock.R Removal Tips
Trojan.Ransomlock.R is a Trojan virus that was designed to steal money from inexperienced computer users. Basically, this infection infiltrates computer, locks the user’s desktop, and demands payment for unlocking it. Well known FBI Virus, Metropolitan Police Virus, and European Law Enforcement Agency Virus are all versions of the same Trojan and behave in essentially the same manner.
While a lot of users get scared and pay the ransom, we assure you that there are other ways to regain control of your PC. Instead of giving your money to cyber criminals, you should delete Trojan.Ransomlock.R from your computer.
What does Trojan.Ransomlock.R do?
The sequence of actions Trojan.Ransomlock.R performs after invading your system are rather clear. Firstly, it infiltrates the system via the spam email attachment, trough some type of messenger or the user can download it after clicking the infected link. After that the infection changes the user’s settings blocking the access to computer’s desktop and files. This situation lasts for as long as the Trojan stays inside your computer. In principal, you lose all control over your PC and you can get it back only after you remove Trojan.Ransomlock.R.
Once the Trojan completes the actions described above, it shows a serious and official looking message to the user. The message claims that the user violated the law by using copyrighted material or viewing illegal content, like child pornography. The virus threatens the user with legal ramifications, including criminal charges and jail time. At the end of this notification, the user is informed that all these consequences can be avoided, if he pays a fine of approximate 100 euros. The currency depends on geographical location and can vary from dollars and euros to pounds. You will probably be asked to pay trough Ukash, MoneyPak, or some other money transferring system.
We want to assure you that this message is fake and you should not believe it. No law enforcement agency uses such tactics like screen blocking to punish the offenders or to collect fines. If you believe this bogus message and send the money as asked, you will be giving away your money straight to hackers that attacked your computer in the first place. Do not be fooled and get rid of Trojan.Ransomlock.R at once.
How to remove Trojan.Ransomlock.R?
It is obvious that you have to delete Trojan.Ransomlock.R as soon as possible, however you should not attempt to do it manually. The Trojan.Ransomlock.R removal is quite difficult and tricky and even the smallest mistake can have very serious consequences. Instead you should purchase a powerful anti-malware and scan your PC with it. A professional security tool will be able to eliminate Trojan.Ransomlock.R and protect your system in the future.
Terminate Trojan.Ransomlock.R from Windows 8
- Press Win+C simultaneously and choose Settings.
- Navigate to Change PC Settings and tap General.
- Go to Advanced Startup and click Restart Now.
- Select Troubleshoot and move to Advanced options.
- Choose Startup Settings and click Restart.
- Tap F5 and launch your browser
- Install your preferred anti-malware and scan your PC.
Erase Trojan.Ransomlock.R from Windows XP
- Restart the PC and start tapping the F8 key when the BIOS loads up.
- Choose Safe Mode with Networking from Advanced Boot Menu by using the arrow keys.
- Click Yes.
- Open the Start menu and launch RUN.
- Type in msconfig and click OK.
- In the System Configuration Utility click on the Startup tab and choose Disable All.
- Click OK.
- Launch your browsers, download a powerful anti-malware, and scan your system.
Uninstall Trojan.Ransomlock.R from Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Reboot your computer and start tapping F8 when BIOS loads up.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking and click Enter.
tart your favorite browser and install a legitimate anti-malware.
- Scan your entire system.