Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef Removal Instructions
A Trojan horse named Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef is a malicious computer infection which pretends to be the hard disk defragmentation tool. The main aim of this rogue is to convince you that your system is infected and to induce you to buy the suggested software which, of course, is useless. To do that, the malware uses several different masks like the one named HDD Defragmenter.
The virus volunteers to scan your system to ensure that it is in top shape or to provide the solution for the discovered issues. Since the main goal of this intruder is to make you pay for the useless software, chances are that many errors will be found. Do not trust the false data and concentrate on Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef removal.
What does Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef do?
There are many ways this Trojan can enter your system. First of all, users should really be more careful with spam email, especially the letters that contain attachments. Also, avoid clicking the suspicious ads or links in unknown and untrustworthy websites. Finally, be very attentive during free of charge software installations, if the source is not an official website. Follow every step of the process to make sure that the intended application is the only thing that enters your PC. If despite all this the virus still managed to sneak in, terminate Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef.
Once the malware enters your system, it immediately inserts .dll or .exe files into your process. This first step guarantees that the intruder starts every time you load Windows. Afterwards, the Trojan runs fake scans with falsified results in order to convince you that your system is infected. You will also see bogus alerts, false notifications, and many other similar messages. As if that would not be enough, the application may even block your access to certain programs in order to convince your they are infected. Do not trust any information provided by this malware. Instead you should hurry and delete Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef.
Additionally, you should be aware that Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef is a detection name used for a lot of different viruses. All these applications work in practically the same manner and have terms like ‘Scanner’, ‘Disk’, ‘Memory’, ‘HDD’, ‘Restore’, etc. in their names. The few better known examples are Disk Optimizer, HDD Control, Check Disk, Win Scanner, Memory Fixer, and many others. Remember that this software is dangerous and should be removed from your computer.
How to remove Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef?
If you read the article presented above, you must have realized that this Trojan is not an easy infection to deal with. Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef removal requires precise work and should be performed only by experts. For you, we advise to install a legitimate an up-to-date malware removal software and let it remove Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef for you. Follow the instructions bellow and get rid of Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef.
Erase Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef from Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Restart your PC and repeatedly tap F8 as soon as BIOS loads up.
- Choose Safe Mode with Networking from Advanced Boot Menu (use the arrow keys).
- Press Enter and launch your favorite browser.
- Download a trustworthy anti-malware.
Delete Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef from Windows XP
- Restart the PC and immediately start tapping the F8 key.
- Click Safe Mode with Networking from Advanced Boot Menu by using the arrow keys.
- Tap Enter and click Yes in the new alert.
- Navigate to the Start menu and click RUN.
- Type in msconfig in the box and press OK.
- In the System Configuration Utility, click on the Startup tab and choose Disable All.
- Enter OK and launch your preferred browser.
- Download a reliable computer security software.
Uninstall Trojan:Win32/FakeSysdef from Windows 8
- Restart your system, hold Shift and repeatedly tap F8 (after BIOS loads up).
- On the Recovery screen, press See Advanced Repair Options and move to Troubleshoot.
- Access Advanced Options and go to Windows Startup Settings.
- Restart the PC and choose Safe Mode with Networking in the old Advanced Boot Option screen.
- Open your favorite browser and download an authentic anti-malware.