What is Trotux.com?
Trotux.com is a search engine that is classified as a browser hijacker. At first glance, it looks like a simple search engine because it has a search box in the middle, and it returns search results after a user enters something into the search box. Unfortunately, it is only an illusion that Trotux.com is a reliable search engine. Researchers specializing in malicious software have discovered that it is an unreliable search engine that might even cause harm to the computer.
Also, it is clear that it has been developed for advertising purposes, so you should not expect to see accurate search results if you let Trotux.com stay in the place of your default search engine and homepage. Yes, it is already known that this questionable search engine will enter the computer together with freeware without permission and then it will change the settings of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox by placing itself in the place of the default homepage, search engine, and, probably, the New Tab page. As Trotux.com is known to be a computer infection, more specifically, a browser hijacker, its removal might be a complicated thing. Therefore, we suggest that you read this article carefully if you wish to find out how to delete Trotux.com from your computer.
How does Trotux.com work?
As you already know, Trotux.com will modify the settings of browsers you use. Of course, this is not the only reason you need to implement the Trotux.com removal. According to researchers, it is very important to get rid of it soon because it is clear that it might put the computer in danger one day. It is dangerous to keep it because ads it shows for users in the search results page and puts on other websites might redirect to bad websites and thus cause harm to the computer quickly. It has been also found that it gathers information about users to present them with banners, pop-ups, and other kinds of advertisements. It might seem that it records irrelevant information mainly; however, you need to know that this data is going to be sold to third parties, and all the personal details you have entered in the search box willingly or unwillingly end up in the hands of third parties, e.g. other companies or even cyber criminals. Your privacy will be safe only if you uninstall Trotux.com from your computer.
How did Trotux.com end up on my PC?
The majority of SuperWeb LLC products are spread using unfair methods. Trotux.com browser hijacker is no exception. It has been found that it is spread using the method called bundling, i.e. it is placed inside “packages” with free software, which explains why it manages to enter computers unnoticed. Users rarely notice that additional programs are going to be installed because they do not read information provided for them carefully. If you consider yourself a rather careless user too, you need to install security software after you remove Trotux.com from the system.
How can I delete Trotux.com?
There are two ways to remove Trotux.com from browsers. One is the manual method, and the other is the automatic method. In our opinion, it is easier to implement the automatic Trotux.com removal, so we suggest that you do not even think about the manual removal and simply scan your PC with specialized software.
Terminate Trotux.com related program
Uninstall from Windows 8
- Right-click on the lower left corner
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Choose the unwanted application
- Click Uninstall
Uninstall from Windows 7 and Vista
- Click on Start and open Control Panel
- Choose Uninstall a program
- Select the unwanted software
- Click Uninstall
Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and pick Control Panel
- Go to Add or remove programs
- Choose the unwanted program
- Click Remove
Eliminate Trotux.com from browsers
Delete Trotux Virus from Internet Explorer
- Click on Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- Remove the unwanted extension from Toolbars and Extensions
- Move to Search Providers section and delete Trotux.com
- Select a new default search engine and click OK
- Click on Gear icon again and select Internet Options
- Change your home page on the General tab and click OK
Delete Trotux Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon and choose Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- Open Firefox menu again and select Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab (Start up section)
- Move to Search tab and eliminate Trotux.com
- Pick a new search provider
Delete Trotux Virus from Google Chrome
- Click on Chrome menu, select More tools and go to Extensions
- Choose and terminate the unwanted extension
- Move to Settings → On Startup and click Set pages
- Change your home page and click OK
- Go to Search section and click Manage search engines
- Remove Trotux.com and set a new search engine