What is utop.it?
In general, utop.it is a search engine and home page which appears when your computer is infected by a browser hijacker. In most often cases, utop.it can reach your computer bundled with other files. Despite the fact that utop.it is not treated as the most dangerous infection, but within the time it can bring you more troubles than you can suspect. Don’t be surprised that while using this new search provider you will not only get inaccurate search results, but also receive a lot of redirections to various sponsored webpages. Keep in mind that some of them might be potentially malicious. So, better don’t risk of your computer’s safety anymore and remove utop.it right now.
How can utop.it reach your computer?
As it was mentioned before, you can just simply look over the moment when utop.it enters your computer. In most often cases, it can infiltrate your computer when you click on any unreliable advertisement, visit illegal webpages or via freeware and shareware that is usually spread by possibly dangerous third party. So, it is very important to stay away from any suspicious-looking files or programs, obviate visiting unreliable websites and clicking on any unsafe advertisements that pop-up while you are surfing the internet. Moreover, when you decide to download any free application or file, you have to make sure that it won’t harm your computer. Besides that, you should give more appropriate attention to the entire installation process. We are recommending you to manage only Custom or Advanced installation process and don’t hurry up to reach the final stage of the installation wizard. Be aware that the program you want to install may have some additional unwanted programs bundled together. However, if you are attentive enough you can always deselect them and safeguard your computer from possible infections.
How does utop.it perform?
As you may already noticed, your default search engine and home page are changed into utop.it no matter which browser you use (utop.it can act on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox). You will also spot that searching activities which you perform with utop.it search provider are not the same as they used to be with your default search engine. First of all, all the search results you get are somehow interconnected with diverse advertisements. Besides that, you are also attacked with a huge amount of various advertisements and pop-ups that continually disturb your work. Be careful about those pop-ups because majority of them can be infected. You should never forget that utop.it in most often cases is distributed by malignant third party and the main purpose of this unwanted application is to infect your computer even more and get some profit from that. So, if you don’t want to be another victim of cyber criminals it is recommended to delete utop.it as soon as possible.
How to uninstall utop.it?
There should be no doubts that it is necessary to eliminate any potentially unwanted application that enters your computer without a permission and utop.it is no exception. First of all, you can try to perform manual removal instructions but, in general, we recommend you to download and install reliable anti-malware application such as SpyHunter. With a help of this application you will not only remove all unwanted applications but safeguard your computer from any other infections.
Manual utop.it removal instructions
First of all, it is essential to eliminate utop.it from the list of Add/Remove programs:
1. Click once in the ‘Start’ menu and then choose ‘Control Panel’.
2. After that, go to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ section and choose all unnecessary applications.
3. Finally, click on the ‘Remove’ option.
Windows 7 and Vista
1. Firstly, click the ‘Start’ menu.
2. After that, select ‘Control Panel’ and then choose ‘Uninstall a program’.
3. When you are displayed with a list of programs, double-click on those programs that you want to remove.
4. Finally, select ‘Uninstall’ option.
1. On the Metro UI menu, right-click on the background.
2. Now choose ‘All apps’.
3. After that, select ‘Control Panel’ and choose ‘Uninstall a program’.
4. Finally, choose unwanted applications and remove them.
Now it is time to reset your browsers (it is recommended to reset all of them).
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. When you open the browser, tap a combination of ‘Alt+T’.
3. After that, choose ‘Internet Options’.
4. Now, click on ‘Advanced’ tab and click on ‘Reset’ button.
5. You should now mark ‘Delete personal settings’ and click ‘Reset’ once again.
1. First of all, open the browser.
2. After that, tap ‘Alt+H’ and choose ‘Troubleshooting Information’.
3. Now click on ‘Reset Firefox’ (second time you need to click on ‘Reset Firefox’ when the dialog box appears).
1. Open Google Chrome and after that tap a combination of ‘Alt+F’.
2. Now choose ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Show advanced settings’.
3. Here you have to select ‘Reset browser settings’
4. Finally, click ‘Reset’.