What is Vosteran.com?
Vosteran.com is a browser hijacker that infects your system when you install freeware or shareware. Although it is not a malicious program, you can not blindly trust it either. The hijacker will modify your browser settings without your permission and it will display various advertisements on your screen.
You will not be able to avoid the effects of the application as it works on all popular web browsers. Since you did not install the program yourself and there are no guarantees that it is reliable, you should delete Vosteran.com from your system.
How does Vosteran.com work?
Once Vosteran.com gets access to your PC, you will notice that your home page and default search engine have been modified. Every time you open your browser you will see its main site. The search engine that you will be provided with should not be trusted as it will not present you with relevant results. On top of your search results, you will always see ads and sponsored links. Other commercial content that will appear on your screen includes pop-ups, banners and other types of ads. We suggest you stay away from these adverts as clicking on them may lead to infecting your system with malware or potentially unwanted programs.
Vosteran.com comes bundled with free third party software. The unreliable search presents you with commercial data. None of the adverts should be trusted, not even the ones you see on the Vosteran.com main page. You should also ignore quick access buttons that will appear on the site. Terminate Vosteran.com and get rid of all of these ads.
How to remove Vosteran.com?
Although the hijacker is not malicious itself, it certainly causes a lot of side effects. The program changes your settings, fills your browsers with adverts, slows down your Internet speed and exposes you to unsafe content. You should not hesitate to eliminate Vosteran.com from your PC. Manual removal may not be that easy: you will have to delete Vosteran.com via Control Panel, reset your browsers and edit the Target line in browser shortcuts. We have prepared instructions below this article to help you with these tasks. The better solution, however, would be to remove Vosteran.com using an anti-malware tool. With the malware remover you will be able to eliminate Vosteran.com completely and keep your system safe in the future.
Uninstall Vosteran.com from Windows
- Press Win+R and type in Control Panel
- Click OK and the go to Uninstall a program
- Launch Vosteran.com uninstaller
Windows 7 & Vista
- Click Start and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Delete Vosteran.com
- Open Start menu and pick Control Panel
- Click on Add or remove programs
- Terminate Vosteran.com
Remove Vosteran.com from browsers
- Gear icon → Internet Options → Advanced tab → Reset → Delete personal settings → Reset → Close
- Menu → Question mark → Troubleshooting Information → Reset Firefox → Reset Firefox → Finish
- Alt+F → Settings → Show Advanced Settings → Reset browser settings → Reset
Modify the Target line
- Right-click on the browser shortcut
- Choose Properties and open Shortcut tab
- Locate the Target line
- Erase all text after iexplore.exe/firefox.exe/chrome.exe
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.