WeatherBlink Removal Guide
Developed by Mindspark Interactive Network, WeatherBlink promises to enhance users’ browsing experience by providing local weather forecasts. It sounds useful, however the users should know that this application is categorized as browser hijacker. Once it enters a new computer, the intruder changes your home page to Home.tb.ask.com and the default search engine to Search.tb.ask.com without your permission.
The software is compatible with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. Since the hijackers always work to promote third parties’ websites and to increase traffic to them, you need to be really careful while it is inside your computer. The best course of action would be to eliminate WeatherBlink.
What does WeatherBlink do?
Next to the changed settings, the most noticeable indicator that your computer was infiltrated by WeatherBlink is the countless advertisements. In every new tab, you will be forced to observe pop-ups, banners, in-text ads, and so on. Most of the users find this unstoppable flow of advertisements disturbing and irritating and wish to remove WeatherBlink right away.
We would also like to draw your attention to the fact that the displayed ads correspond very well to your latest search queries. It means that the application tracks your browsing activities, records your search queries, preferred pages, the data you entered in those pages, etc. It is also known that the hijacker shares this information with the third parties and does not prevent them from collecting further data. In addition to this, WeatherBlink alters search results making sure that among them, you will find many links to sponsored websites even if those links have nothing in common with your search query. This way the software redirects the user to predetermined websites and earns money. You may also be routed to unknown pages when shortcuts are added to your desktop or suspicious websites appear in your favorites list. Think very carefully, if you wish to let an application that works exclusively for the potentially malicious third parties, to reside in your PC.
The hijacker enters your computer together with freeware from the suspicious pages. Of course, it would be best to avoid unsafe websites and to stay away from the presented software. However, if you need to download something from such source, we urge you to take all the necessary precaution. Choose Advanced or Custom installation and follow the whole process carefully. The more attentive you are, the more easily you will notice the boxes that inform about the additional programs and will be able to deselect them. Do not let unwanted programs sneak in unnoticed.
How to remove WeatherBlink?
It is obvious that the hijacker decreases PC performance and brings no benefit to you. We recommended to erase WeatherBlink without delay. Under this article you will find detailed instructions on how to terminate WeatherBlink. Follow them and clean your PC.
- Click Start and choose Control Panel.
- Open Add or Remove programs and select the unwanted software.
- Terminate WeatherBlink.
- Press Windows key+R and type in Control Panel.
- Click OK.
- Go to Uninstall a program and select the unwanted software.
- Uninstall WeatherBlink.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and choose the unwanted software.
- Right-click on WeatherBlink and select Uninstall.
Reset your browsers
- Open your browser and choose the gear icon.
- Click Internet Options and move to Advanced tab.
- Tap Reset and in the new window check Delete personal settings box.
- Click Reset again and restart your browser.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and open menu.
- Click the question mark and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox.
- In the new window tap Reset Firefox again and restart Firefox.
- Launch Google Chrome and click menu.
- Select Settings and choose Show advanced settings.
- At the bottom of the page click Reset browser settings.
- In the new window click Reset again and restart your browser.