Websearch.ezsearches.info Removal Tips
Websearch.ezsearches.info is yet another browser hijacker that infiltrates your computer in freeware bundles. It is related to v9.com (also a hijacker) and affects all main browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. As soon as this application manages to enter your system, it changes your home page and default search engine making it impossible to trust them.
The overall performance of your computer will be much poorer as long as this hijacker will reside inside. This will include the untrustworthy search results and the decreased speed of your system. Knowing all this, it becomes quite obvious that it is in your best interests to eliminate websearch.ezsearches.info from your PC.
What does websearch.ezsearches.info do?
First of all, you should avoid using the provided search engine. Even though the results will be original, they will also be displayed among countless advertisements and sponsored links. All hijackers earn money by increasing traffic to the third parties’ pages. That is why it floods you with never ending advertisements and mixes the search results with unrelated links. For every click on the predetermined link, the application generates revenue. However, for users the altered search results bring no benefit and thus we recommend to get rid of websearch.ezsearches.info.
The biggest problem related to this hijacker lies in the suspicious nature of the third parties’. Since nobody checks their reliability, you should not trust them. It is possible that websearch.ezsearches.info is used by cyber criminals and at some point you will be exposed to the malicious third parties. Moreover, since the application may record you Internet activities, browsing history, search queries, geographical location, etc. the gathered information can be sold to the mentioned third parties too. Do not take such risk with your system’s safety and remove websearch.ezsearches.info at once.
Since browser hijackers usually enter a new system bundled with freeware or shareware, you need to be more attentive during your next free download. It became quite popular for some websites to monetize their free of charge software with unwanted applications. To prevent them from entering your PC, you have to choose Advanced or Custom option and follow the whole process closely. If you notice boxes that inform about the additional programs, deselect them without delay.
How to remove websearch.ezsearches.info?
If you wish to uninstall websearch.ezsearches.info, we recommend to employ a legitimate anti-malware and use it to clean your system. If you prefer manual websearch.ezsearches.info removal, you should follow the instructions below. Firstly, you have a to delete websearch.ezsearches.info from your Control Panel and then you need to reset your browsers.
- Click Start.
- Open Control Panel.
- Choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove websearch.ezsearches.info from your system.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Open Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Tap Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the unwanted websearch.ezsearches.info.
- Select Uninstall to terminate websearch.ezsearches.info.
- Right-click on Metro UI menu.
- Click All apps.
- Access Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the websearch.ezsearches.info.
- Choose Uninstall to eliminate the unwanted application.
Reset your browser
- Open your browser and press Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options and navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and afterwards click the Reset button again.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+H.
- Open Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox and then click Reset Firefox again in the new dialog box.
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+F.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show Advanced settings and select Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset once more.