What is websearch.freesearches.info?
websearch.freesearches.info is a browser hijacker that infiltrates your computer after you install free of charge software from the untrustworthy page. Unfortunately, the intruder is able to affect Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox which means that you will not be able to avoid it by changing your browser. As soon as this application enters your system, it will immediately change your browsers’ settings and prevent you from undoing the changes. If you notice this intruder in your PC, we recommend to terminate websearch.freesearches.info.
What does websearch.freesearches.info do?
Like any other browser hijacker, websearch.freesearches.info works for the affiliate third parties. Its main goal is to boost traffic to third parties’ pages and to increase their ranking. To achieve this goal the software presents you with numerous ads and additional links scattered among your search results. This tactic makes your searches very unpredictable and unreliable. Since the hijacker does not care about your system’s safety, it does not check the third parties it promotes. As a result, you are presented with a bunch of suspicious links and ads. If such risky search results are unacceptable to you, you should remove websearch.freesearches.info from your PC.
The failure to get rid of websearch.freesearches.info in timely manner can have serious consequences to your system. Since the third parties are unknown, it is possible that they are malicious. After clicking one of the ads, you can be easily routed to a malignant page. At the end of such excursion, you will probably find your computer filled with viruses, Trojans, keyloggers, and so on. Needless to say, you must do everything to avoid such infections which is why we urge you to take care of websearch.freesearches.info removal right now.
If you wish to protect your PC from similar threats in the future, you need to understand how the hijacker infiltrated your system in the first place. As we mentioned before, the application mostly enters new computers bundled with freeware from unofficial pages. From now on, be more attentive during your installations. Choose Advanced or Custom option which will allow you to monitor every step of the process and ensure that no programs enters your PC uninvited.
How to remove websearch.freesearches.info?
In order to delete websearch.freesearches.info, you need to choose between two options. You can erase websearch.freesearches.info using a legitimate computer security program. This option also provides your system with professional protection after the removal. Another choice is to remove websearch.freesearches.info manually following the instructions provided below. Whichever option you choose, do not delay and uninstall websearch.freesearches.info at once.
- Tap Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Chose Add or Remove programs.
- Remove websearch.freesearches.info.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open Start menu.
- Click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall the undesirable application.
- Go to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Access Settings.
- Pick Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall websearch.freesearches.info.
Erase websearch.freesearches.info from your browsers
- Click Ctrl+Shift+A and open Extensions.
- Remove all suspicious extensions and close the tab.
- Tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Go to General tab and change the home page with your preferred one.
- Press OK and leave the menu.
- Click the icon in the search box and click Manage Search engines.
- Delete the unwanted search tool and choose your new default search tool.
- Click OK.
- Press Alt+X and select Manage add-ons.
- In the Toolbars and Extensions, eliminate all unwanted extensions.
- Click Search Providers and change/remove the search engine.
- Save changes and leave the window.
- Tap Alt+X and open Internet Options.
- In the General tab, delete your current home page and select a new one.
- Click OK.
- Tap Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Select Extensions and erase the unwanted extensions.
- Move to Settings and click Open a page or a set of pages under On startup.
- Choose Set pages, delete your current home page and choose a new one.
- Press OK and pick Manage Search Engines under search. Overwrite your search tool.
- Click Done and restart the browser.