Websearch.oversearch.info Removal Tips
Websearch.oversearch.info is a browser hijacker very similar to Websearch.just-browse.info, Websearch.searchiseasy.info, etc. It infiltrates your computer bundled with freeware and takes over your search engine and home page.
All the modifications made by this application are unauthorized and should not be tolerated. This engine is not trustworthy and if you care about your system’s safety, you will remove websearch.oversearch.info from your PC.
What does websearch.oversearch.info do?
The very first time you try to use the provided search engine, you will notice that something is not quite right with it. First of all, the searches will not be performed by websearch.oversearch.info. All your search queries will be directed to localmoxie.com search engine. If the search provider is not able to perform the searches, the question arises what is its real goal. The truth is that this intruder presents the user with altered search results which are full of sponsored links. These links will route you the predetermined pages that belong to the unknown third parties.
As if the searches filled with with the search query unrelated links would not be enough, you will also see a number of advertisements in every page that you open. For a moment, the ads may seem very interesting, since the software follows your internet activities and uses the acquired information to personalize the ads. However, we warn you that these ads are just as dangerous as the additional links in your search results. You are presented with all those ads, because websearch.oversearch.info is linked to ad.extendmedia.com advertising platform. This platform ensures, that you will see the ads as long as the hijacker is in your system. We advise to eliminate websearch.oversearch.info as soon as possible.
As we already said, this application travels alongside free of charge software. If you are seeing this hijacker in your PC, it means that during your latest freeware download, you did not pay enough attention to the procedure. Next time, be more attentive during the installation and read the provided End User License Agreement. If you carefully peruse this document, you will be able to notice the unwanted programs that travel bundled with free software. When you see them, make sure to click the Decline button.
How to remove websearch.oversearch.info?
Under this article, you will find detailed instructions on how to eliminate websearch.oversearch.info. If you do not trust your ability to perform the manual websearch.oversearch.info removal, you should purchase a reputable anti-spyware and use it to scan your PC. Remember that after websearch.oversearch.info removal, the same computer security software will also protect your system from future threats.
- Open Start menu.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall websearch.oversearch.info.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Access Start menu and press Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and terminate websearch.oversearch.info
- Go to Metro UI menu and select All apps.
- Tap Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall websearch.oversearch.info.
Delete websearch.oversearch.info from your browsers
- Click the Gear icon and choose Internet Options.
- Replace your current home page with a new one (in the General tab).
- Open the menu once more (click the Gear icon) and tap Manage Add-ons.
- Move to Toolbars and Extensions and delete unknown add-ons.
- Open Search Providers, designate a new search engine and remove the old engine.
- Access the menu and click Options.
- Choose the General tab, overwrite your home page.
- Go to Search tab, replace your current search tool with a new one.
- Open the menu again and choose Add-ons.
- Remove the suspicious extensions.
- Tap the menu and press Settings.
- Click Set pages and choose your new home page (after you terminated the old one).
- Move to Search and select Manage search engine.
- Replace your search provider with the new one.
- Go to Extensions and remove useless add-ons.