Websearch.searchbomb.info Removal Tips
Websearch.searchbomb.info is a browser hijacker that modifies your home page and default search engine. It is compatible with all popular web browsers. The hijacker travels bundled with freeware and shareware. A very common bundle that distributes Websearch.searchbomb.info is presented on fake Flash or Java updates.
These bogus adverts usually appear on untrustworthy file sharing sites. You may also see them if you are infected with an ad-supported program. Regardless of how you ended up the unwanted application, you need to make sure that you delete Websearch.searchbomb.info as soon as possible.
How does Websearch.searchbomb.info work?
Once the hijacker takes over, Websearch.searchbomb.info will be set as your home page, new tab page and default search provider. If you try using this search engine, you will get redirected to Google. So there is no real reason for you to have it installed. The main page of the hijacker has an advertisement on it that does not seem legitimate at all. The ads will not stop there. You will see various ads, banners, sponsored links and pop-ups wherever you go online. It is important that you stay away from these adverts, because clicking on them may have dire consequences. You could infect your system with malware or unwittingly disclose your details to cyber criminals. To avoid that you need to eliminate Websearch.searchbomb.info from your browsers.
Aside from the already mentioned issues that come with the hijacker, you should also know that it slows down your Internet connection and uses up a lot of system resources. It may also track your cookies and collect data about your online habits. The application will record what pages you visit and what searches you make to create personalizes ads. Do not be tricked by this. Just because the adverts seem useful does not mean that you can trust them.
How to remove Websearch.searchbomb.info?
The sooner you get rid of Websearch.searchbomb.info, the better. You can terminate it manually or automatically. Websearch.searchbomb.info is very similar to other hijackers that start with “websearch”. This means that just like Websearch.search-guide.info, Websearch.searchisbestmy.info and so on, it also edits your Target line. You will have to keep that in mind if you choose manual removal. To delete Websearch.searchbomb.info manually, you need to uninstall its related program, reset your browsers and fix your Target line. If, however, you go for the second option, you need to download an anti-malware utility. It will scan your PC and detect all elements of the infection. The security software will uninstall Websearch.searchbomb.info and make sure your computer stays safe in the future.
I. Delete Websearch.searchbomb.info and the related software
- Move cursor to the bottom right
- Click on Settings → Control Panel
- Go to Uninstall a program
- Terminate the unwanted program
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click on Start and open Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Remove the useless software
- Click Start and go to Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Delete the unwanted application
II. Remove Websearch.searchbomb.info from browsers
- Alt+T → Internet Options → Advanced tab → Reset → Delete personal settings → Reset → Close
- Alt+H → Troubleshooting Information → Reset Firefox → Reset Firefox → Finish
- Alt+F → Settings → Show Advanced Settings → Reset settings → Reset
III. Modify your browser shortcuts
- Right-click on the browser shortcut
- Open Properties and select Shortcut
- Check if the Target line ends in “exe”
- If not, erase all that comes after it
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.