Websearch.searchisfun.info Removal Tips
Websearch.searchisfun.info is a browser hijacker that is very similar to other “websearch” hijackers. It enters your computer together with a potentially unwanted application and modifies browser settings without your authorization. Just like other hijackers of this category it causes more unwanted effects than just the settings modification.
The program inserts adverts to your browsers, tracks your cookies, slows down Internet connection and so on. The main purpose of any hijacker is to promote its associated sites. It will not be useful to you in any way. You should delete Websearch.searchisfun.info without hesitation.
How does Websearch.searchisfun.info work?
The first thing you notice when the hijacker gets installed is that your home page and default search provider have been switched to Websearch.searchisfun.info. The site does not look too reliable as it has a fake advertisement right in the middle. When you enter a search query into the search box, you get redirected to search.coupons-bar.com. The page is filled with ads and sponsored links. Clearly, there is no way you can use it effectively. Moreover, we urge you to stay away from these links as there is no way to know if the sites they lead to are reliable.
The useless engine that the hijacker provides you with is not the only reason to have it uninstalled. The program adds various commercial content to all sites that you visit, it will not be limited just to the results page. Because of the excess advertisements, you will notice that some websites take longer to load. Moreover, the application may also affect your system speed as it uses up a lot of its resources. Keep in mind that in order to get rid of Websearch.searchisfun.info, you will also have to uninstall the program that it came bundled with. The potentially unwanted program must be identified and removed before you reset your browsers.
How to terminate Websearch.searchisfun.info?
As it has already been mentioned, first of all you need to delete Websearch.searchisfun.info. If you are not sure which application is responsible for its appearance, you can use a malware scanner that will locate it for you. Once you get rid of it, you can restore your browser settings. More detailed instructions are provided below and you are welcome to use them. However, if you prefer to go with automatic Websearch.searchisfun.info removal instead, you should download and install an anti-malware utility. It will scan your PC, detect all elements of the hijacker and eliminate Websearch.searchisfun.info entirely.
- Move the cursor to the bottom right
- Click on Settings and go to Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Double-click the software and select Uninstall
Windows 7 and Vista
- Open Start menu and click on Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the application
- Click Uninstall
- Click on the Start button
- Locate Control Panel on the list and click on it
- Once there, select Add or Remove programs
- Click on the unwanted program and click Remove
Remove Websearch.searchisfun.info from browsers:
- Click Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Select Advanced and click Reset
- Select Delete personal settings
- Click Reset once more
- Press Alt+H to open Help
- Choose Troubleshooting Information
- Click Refresh Firefox twice
- Click Finish
- Press Alt+F and select Settings
- Click on Show Advanced Settings
- Click Reset settings and then Reset