Websearch.searchmania.info Removal Instructions
Websearch.searchmania.info is a browser hijacker that is known to enter the user’s computer bundled with freeware. This hijacker is similar to other hijackers like v9.com, delta-homes.com, websearches.com, etc. The user is advised to be wary of it. You can avoid infection by monitoring every freeware installation process closely and unchecking boxes that suggest additional application. If it still manages to enter your PC, we recommend to eliminate Websearch.searchmania.info without delay.
What does Websearch.searchmania.info do?
After entering a new system, Websearch.searchmania.info promptly changes the home page and default search engine into Websearch.searchmania.info without your permission. The settings are changed in your favorite browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. If you try using this search engine, you will be directed to search.bing.com. However, it alters the provided results. You will notice a great number of links to sponsored websites, ads, pop-up advertisements, fake lotteries, surveys, banners, fake alerts, warnings, etc. Websearch.searchmania.info also slows down your PC.
This browser hijacker redirects the user to sponsored websites. That is how it earns money, because hijacker gets revenue for every click on a specific link and it does everything in its power to make sure that you choose that link. To entice you to follow the displayed links or ads, it needs to customize the advertisements to your preferences. This hijacker follows your Internet activity, collects your personal data and browsing history. Every click, every data you enter is recorded and can end up in cyber criminals’ hands. That is also the reason why the hijacker is able to present you with latest news that are personalized to your interest. You should not put up with this kind invasion of your privacy, so get rid of Websearch.searchmania.info.
As mentioned before, it enters the computer with free of charge software. The user needs to be extra careful when installing freeware. You must understand that many free software these days travels with additional applications. Especially if you are used to downloading free programs from unreliable pages like cnet.com, soft32.com, and brothersoft.com you have to protect your system. Take care of your computer’s safety and try to stay away from these kind of pages. If the hijacker is already inside your PC, we recommend to delete Websearch.searchmania.info.
How to remove Websearch.searchmania.info?
We already established that this hijacker is not a useful addition to your system and that you need to uninstall Websearch.searchmania.info. However, it is not easy to remove Websearch.searchmania.info or any other browser hijacker. Below this article, our researchers prepared instruction on how to uninstall Websearch.searchmania.info. Follow them and remove Websearch.searchmania.info ASAP.
Delete Websearch.searchmania.info from Windows
1. Open Start menu and choose Control Panel.
2. Select Add or Remove Programs and choose the unwanted application.
3. Click Remove.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
1. Open Start and go to Control Panel.
2. Go to Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted application.
3. Click Uninstall.
1. Go to lower left corner of the screen and choose Settings.
2. Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
3. Right-click the unwanted application and click Uninstall.
Terminate Websearch.searchmania.info from your browsers
1. Launch Firefox and press Alt+T.
2. Choose Options and go to General tab.
3. Move to Home Page and delete/overwrite the URL.
4. Click OK and restart the browser.
1. Launch Chrome and enter chrome://settings/ into the address bar.
2. Choose Open a specific page or set of pages and select Set pages.
3. Find the URL of the unwanted application and change/delete this URL.
4. Click OK.
5. Go to Appearance and click Show Home button.
6. Change/delete the URL of the unwanted application and and press OK.
7. Restart the browser.
1. Launch Internet Explorer and press Alt+T.
2. Choose Internet Options and go to General tab.
3. In the Home Page section find the unwanted application and click Delete/overwrite.
4. Choose OK and restart the browser.