How to uninstall Websearch.searchoholic.info
Websearch.searchoholic.info is a browser hijacker that can affect Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. It comes bundled with freeware that you can download from third party software hosting sites like cnet.com, softonic.com, filewin.com and similar. Once it gets access to your system, you will notice that your browser settings have been modified.
You will not be able to undo these changes, because of a browser helper object that will be installed in your browsers. Moreover, the hijacker will also present you with ads and sponsored links. If you never wanted any of these alterations, you should delete Websearch.searchoholic.info from your PC.
How does Websearch.searchoholic.info work?
As soon as the hijacker takes over, you browser settings such as home page, new tab page and default search engine are replaced with Websearch.searchoholic.info. Every time you open your browser, you get redirected to this page. It does not look that much different from other engines. However, you will see a suspicious-looking ad on it. If you try using the so-called search provider, you will simply be redirected to Google. Which means there is no point in keeping it as a separate engine.
As it has already been mentioned, the hijacker comes bundled with other freeware. Usually, it belongs to an adware program. Ad-supported applications fill your browsers with questionable advertisements. We do not recommend clicking on them no matter what as they may not be legitimate. The adware is also capable of tracking your cookies and collecting data about your online behavior. It slows down your Internet connection and uses up system resources. You should not tolerate any of that. We suggest you terminate Websearch.searchoholic.info and the adware that came with it as soon as you can.
How to remove Websearch.searchoholic.info?
Once you have to decided to get rid of Websearch.searchoholic.info, you need to choose how you want to do it. We recommend to eliminate Websearch.searchoholic.info automatically by using a malware removal tool. If you download and install the anti-malware utility, you will be able to scan you PC and detect all components of the infection. The software will then terminate Websearch.searchoholic.info and other unwanted elements. Afterwards, you will be able to surf the Web safely and without any unnecessary interruptions. Alternative solution is to remove Websearch.searchoholic.info manually. All three steps that you will need to complete in order to do that are described in the instructions below that you are welcome to use.
Websearch.searchoholic.info Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Websearch.searchoholic.info
- Start → Control Panel → Add or remove programs
- Choose the adware and click Remove
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a program
- Eliminate the unwanted application
- Search (Win+S) → Control Panel → Uninstall a program
- Select the hijacker related adware and click Uninstall
Step 2: Delete Websearch.searchoholic.info from browsers
- Gear icon → Internet Options → Advanced tab → Reset → Delete personal settings → Reset → Close
- Menu → Question mark → Troubleshooting Information → Reset Firefox → Reset Firefox → Finish
- Chrome menu → Settings → Show Advanced Settings → Reset settings → Reset
Step 3: Edit your Target line
- Right-click on the browser shortcut and open Properties
- Go to the Shortcut tab and locate the Target line
- If there is any text after .exe, erase it
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.