Safesear.ch Removal Instructions
Safesear.ch is a suspicious search engine that directs all search queries to Google Search. When users see this they gain an illusory sense of security, since they know that they can trust Google. However, you should ask yourself why do you use a search engine that is unable to present you with original search results.
Besides, you probably did not choose this engine, but were introduced to it unexpectedly. It is even possible that one day you noticed that Safesear.ch became your home page and new default search engine. If that is the case, we recommend to delete Safesear.ch as soon as possible.
What does Safesear.ch do?
You should also know that the sudden changes of the browsers’ settings usually indicate that the system was infiltrated by a browser hijacker. While hijackers could not be considered a serious infection, you still should not tolerate them. It is quite possible for this kind of application to cause a lot of trouble for inexperienced user. Not only you will need to undo the changed settings, but you must also avoid the presented ads, because they can route you to the pages managed by cyber criminals. So even though this kind of application may not cause direct damage, it often works as a gateway for viruses, Trojans, keyloggers, and other kinds of malware. We suggest not to wait any longer and to take care of Safesear.ch removal as soon as possible.
How to remove Safesear.ch?
Below this article you will find detailed instructions on how to erase Safesear.ch from your browsers. However, you should also scan you computer for any unwanted applications. The easiest way to discover Safesear.ch related hijacker is with a help of a legitimate anti-spyware. Install a powerful security tool and it will terminate Safesear.ch as well as protect your PC from future threats.
Uninstall Safesear.ch from Internet Explorer
- Launch your browser and press Alt+T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons and select Search Providers.
- Choose the unwanted application and click Remove.
- Tap Close.
- Press Alt+T once more and choose Internet Options.
- In the General tab, choose Home Page and replace the current home page with a new one.
- Click OK.
Remove Safesear.ch from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and press Alt+F simultaneously.
- Choose Settings and mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and replace the current URL with the one you prefer.
- Click OK.
- Under Appearance check Show Home and tap Change.
- Replace the presented URL with the new one and click OK.
- Under Search choose Manage search engines.
- Set a new search provider and delete the undesirable engine.
- Click Done.
Uninstall Safesear.ch from Mozilla Firefox
- Open the browser and choose the search provider icon in the search box.
- Select Manage Search Engines and delete the current search engine.
- Choose a new default search engine and click OK.
- Press Alt+T and click Options.
- In the General tab, open the Home Page.
- Replace the current home page with a new one and click OK.