Search.foxtab.com Removal Tips
If you have recently installed FoxTab onto your PC, you should not be surprised that your home page and default search provider have been replaced by Search.foxtab.com. FoxTab is promoted as a browser extension that aims to bring you the best online experience. It makes it easier for you to access your favorite websites, search results and other web services.
The application is promoted at foxtab.com. You can download the program directly or you may acquire it bundled with other free software. If you want to get rid of Search.foxtab.com, you will also have to delete its related program.
How does Search.foxtab.com work?
Search.foxtab.com takes over your browsers when you install FoxTab. However, it must be noted that if you download the program from its official page, foxtab.com, it will not hijack your browsers. Your home page and default search engine are only modified when you download the plugin together with other freeware. For example, it may come bundled with FunMoods Toolbar which is classified as a potentially unwanted application. Search.foxtab.com is actually practically identical to Sr.searchfunmoods.com. This leads us to believe that the browser hijacker is exploited by third parties and may have nothing to do FoxTab at all.
How to remove Search.foxtab.com?
If you want to improve your online security and eliminate the interruptions caused by the hijacker, you need to remove Search.foxtab.com from your browsers. To do that you will have to get rid of its related application and reset your browser settings. That is, if you choose manual Search.foxtab.com removal. You can go with automatic removal instead. All you would have to do is download and install the malware removal utility. It will scan your system and delete Search.foxtab.com along with all of its components. The anti-malware will continue being useful as it also functions as a malware prevention tool.
Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista
- Right click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Go to Control Panel and select Uninstall a program
- Choose the unwanted application and click Uninstall
- Open Start menu and click on Control Panel
- Choose Add or remove programs
- Select the software and click Remove
Uninstall Search.foxtab.com from browsers:
Reset Internet Explorer
- Gear icon → Internet Options → Advanced tab → Reset → Delete personal settings → Reset
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Firefox menu → Question mark → Firefox Help → Refresh Firefox → Refresh Firefox
Reset Google Chrome
- Google Chrome menu → Settings → Show Advanced Settings → Reset settings → Reset