SearchToSurf.com Removal Tips
From the moment this application enters your computer it is quite obvious that SearchToSurf.com should be classified as a browser hijacker. It changes your home page and your default search engine in all major browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. After you finish reading this article, you will definitely understand why you should remove SearchToSurf.com.
What does SearchToSurf.com do?
You will find SearchToSurf.com inside your computer after you install some free of charge software from a website of dubious reputation, because this software travels together with freeware using distribution method called ‘bundling’. Users are usually asked if they wish to decline the additional program, unfortunately almost nobody reads software license agreement and the creators of such software know this fact and use it to spread their products. In the future, you should be more attentive during the installation and choose Advanced or Custom download. These two options allow the user to follow every step of the process and to deselect the unknown programs. You really should use this opportunity to protect tour PC, because these programs almost always are highly suspicious and untrustworthy. If this hijacker already got inside your computer, you should delete SearchToSurf.com.
Besides the clandestine manner of entering, SearchToSurf.com will also flood you with a bunch of the unwanted advertisements. These intrusive and annoying ads belong to the third parties promoted by the hijacker. You should really stay away from them, since nobody can verify the reliability of these ads or the pages that you will be routed to. It is quite possible that you will accidentally click the infected link and enter the untrustworthy website managed by cyber criminals. Such “excursion”, no matter how short, can result in malware infection which would have very serious consequences. Avoid the advertisements and get rid of SearchToSurf.com as soon as possible.
Some users give into temptation to click the provided ads, since they seem very interesting and useful. That is because the hijacker tracks your internet activity, records your favorite pages, checks your browsing history, and so on. This information lets the intrude to present you with the pop-ups that correspond to your latest search queries and guarantee that you will be tempted to click them. You should never let the unknown program invade your privacy in such way. We urge you to terminate SearchToSurf.com immediately.
How to remove SearchToSurf.com?
It is obvious that the SearchToSurf.com removal is essential to the safety of your system. You should employ a legitimate anti-spyware and to use it to remove SearchToSurf.com. The other option is to erase SearchToSurf.com manually. You will find all the necessary instruction below.
- Go to the bottom right corner of the screen and choose Settings from the Charms bar.
- Select Control Panel and open Uninstall a program.
- Uninstall SearchToSurf.com.
- Open Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove programs and remove SearchToSurf.com.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click Start and open Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall program and uninstall SearchToSurf.com.
Reset your browsers
- Open Internet Explorer and press Alt+T.
- Choose Internet Options and go to the Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and select Delete personal settings.
- Click Reset again.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+H.
- Select Troubleshooting information and tap Reset Firefox.
- Click Reset Firefox once more.
- Launch Google Chrome and press Alt+F.
- Select Settings and click Show advances settings.
- Choose Reset browser settings and click Reset.