Searchult.com Removal Guide
Searchult.com is categorized as a browser hijacker. In theory, it is supposed to help you protect your computer from the influence of other applications which is ironic bearing in mind that it changes your browsers’ settings without permission.
Since this hijacker is compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome, you will not be able to avoid this intruder by using another browser. It also means that if you wish to remove Searchult.com, you will have to eliminate it from all your browsers.
What does Searchult.com do?
Users should notice Searchult as soon as it infiltrates their systems, because it changes your home page and default search engine. Instead of your normal search tool, you will be presented with Searchult search which you should not trust. If you try to perform searches with this engine, you will immediately notice all the additional links and advertisements mixed with the results. It is usually very difficult to separate the genuine results from the sponsored links and many users do not have the patience to even try. Furthermore, it turns out that the engine presents search results from Yahoo.com which should make you question the true goal of this software. If you wish to avoid this application, you should delete Searchult.com from your PC.
You should also be concerned over the reliability of the presented ads and links. Our research team does not recommend to believe any information provided by this software. It is a well know fact that hijackers promote the third parties’ interests, but does not check them. Besides, such applications are very often exploited by cyber criminals which makes them even more untrustworthy. Knowing all this it is not surprising that you may get infected with malware after clicking some ad displayed by the intruder. For this reason it is very important to stay away form the ads and not to use the Searchult search. If you want to protect your system, you should remove Searchult.
In order to prevent these programs from entering your PC in the future, you need to understand how Searchult.com managed to sneak in. It seems that this hijacker usually travels with MyPCBackup, DealKeeper, PC Optimizer Pro, and other similar programs. The intruder is spread using the infamous Installcore download clients. Do not forget to monitor freeware installations more closely in order to stop this kind of software from entering your PC in the future.
How to remove Searchult.com?
You should employ a reputable anti-spyware and use it to eliminate Searchult.com. Automatic Searchult.com removal option will guarantee that all parts of the intruder are removed. However, for users who would rather do everything themselves, we prepared detailed manual instructions. Follow them and you should be able to erase Searchult.com.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Tap the Windows key.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Access Uninstall a program.
- Right-click Searchult.com.
- Choose Uninstall and erase Searchult.com.
- Click the Start button.
- Access Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose Change or Remove Programs.
- Pick and terminate Searchult.com.
- Right-click the Metro UI screen,
- Click All apps.
- Open Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click Searchult.com.
- Click Uninstall to remove Searchult Search.
Uninstall Searchult.com from your browsers
- Open IE men (click Gear icon) and pick Internet Options.
- Overwrite the home page in the General tab.
- Move back to menu and access Manage Add-ons.
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete suspicious add-ons.
- Go to Search Providers, set a new search engine and delete the old one.
- Click the menu and open Options.
- Go to General tab and replace your home page with a new page.
- In the Search tab, delete/change your search provider.
- Click the menu icon again and access Add-ons.
- Delete unwanted extensions from the list.
- Click the menu and select Settings.
- Choose Set pages and delete your current home page and set your new home page.
- Under Search, pick Manage search engine and overwrite search provider.
- Go to Extensions and eliminate undesirable add-ons.