Start.mysearchdial.com Removal Guide
Start.mysearchdial.com is a browser hijacker that takes over your browsers and installs the MySearchDial Toolbar. The toolbar has an official page where it is promoted as a browser add-on that will allow you to personalize your new tab by adding links to it. The toolbar itself also contains quick access buttons to various sites as well as a search box.
Some users may find the application useful and want to download it, however, they will not be able to do that on the official page. It is clearly stated here that MySearchDial is distributed in Installcore installers. If you want to get rid of Start.mysearchdial.com and go back to using your usual search tools, you will have to terminate MySearchDial.
How does Start.mysearchdial.com work?
As soon as the the hijacker takes over Start.mysearchdial.com gets set as your home page, new tab and default search engine. The MySearchDial Toolbar is also added to your browsers. It includes a search box that presents results from Start.mysearchdial.com and quick access links to various pages like Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, Hulu and so on. The toolbar may also allow you to listen to the radio and check weather reports. It may seem that the application only has positive features. However, that is not the case.
The main purpose of the hijacker has nothing to do with making it more convenient for you to browse the Internet. What it is actually concerned with is generating web traffic for its sponsors. The hijacker will add various commercial links to your browsers, so no matter which pages you open, they will be filled with ads, banners, in-text links and so on. You may also be redirected to unknown pages in the middle of your surfing. If you try making use of Start.mysearchdial.com engine, you will see search results that are filled with sponsored links and ads. All of this commercial data will slow down your Internet connection. If you want to eliminate these unnecessary disturbances, you should delete Start.mysearchdial.com.
How to remove Start.mysearchdial.com?
Thankfully, it is not too difficult to terminate Start.mysearchdial.com manually. What you need to do is uninstall its related program, which usually appears in the Programs list as Mysearchdial, and then eliminate Start.mysearchdial.com from your browsers. Full removal instructions are presented below. Alternatively, you can implement an anti-malware tool that will delete Start.mysearchdial.com and other unwanted programs from your PC and protect it from future threats.
Uninstall MySearchDial from your system:
- Start → Control Panel → Add or remove programs
- Choose the application and click Remove
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a program
- Select MySearchDial and click Uninstall
- Settings → Control Panel → Uninstall a program
- Choose and delete MySearchDial
Remove Start.mysearchdial.com from browsers:
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Modify your home page on the General tab
- Click on the Gear icon again and pick Manage Add-ons
- Erase unwanted extensions in Toolbars and Extensions
- Move to Search Providers section
- Delete Start.mysearchdial.com and set a new engine
- Click on the menu and go to Options
- Change your home page on the General tab
- Go to Search tab and erase Start.mysearchdial.com
- Set a new search provider
- Open the menu again and choose Add-ons
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Press Alt+F and open Settings
- Under On Startup click Set pages
- Overwrite your home page and click OK
- Under Search click Manage search engines
- Terminate Start.mysearchdial.com
- Set a new default search provider