Remove Trovi.com redirect (Trovi Virus Removal Guide)
Trovi.com is a pop-up distribution network which manifests itself by showing you various advertisements while you are browsing the internet. You might see these advertisements appearing on all the popular browsers, which are Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. If you see the advertisements from trovi.com, it means that you have some kind of adware or other malware on your computer because this component does not come alone.
How Did I Get the Trovi.com?
This component usually comes bundled together with other programs downloaded from the internet. It is especially true if the user downloads a lot of free software. Various programs, which might be related to trovi.com, are installed onto computer during the installation of PDF converters, video streamers and recorders as well similar freeware. Thus, you should always carefully choose what to install. In addition, we recommend downloading software only from reliable sources.
Trovi.com is a fake address which you will find in your address box when advertisements displayed by this element will appear. Trovi.com is known as an online marketing platform because its main purpose is to show advertisements. It might be true that it is developed to make profit from computer users, as the usage of pay-per-click websites is very common nowadays. In addition to this, you should not click on the advertisements which are provided because the content of the websites to which you might be redirected is unknown and you might be exposed to the bunch of potential threats. The best what you can do is to remove trovi.com together with all the related programs from your system.
Why you need to remove Trovi.com ?
There is always a possibility that your information is collected in order to show you advertisements which would suit you more. For instance, the information about your browsing habits, such as a variety of websites which you browse, the time you usually spend on them as well as the search engine queries might be collected by the publishers of the software.
The safety of your computer is very important if you want it to operate properly; thus, our specialists recommend that you remove trovi.com from your computer. As manual removal is basically impossible or very difficult for an ordinary computer user, we definitely recommend acquiring a reliable antimalware tool, for instance, SpyHunter. This antimalware tool will not only remove trovi.com from your computer without any traces, but also will keep your computer protected on a daily basis.
Remove undesirable search tools
Remove Trovi.com from Internet Explorer:
- Open Firefox, simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Search Providers and Remove the undesirable option. Click Close.
- One last time tap Alt+T and this time select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, change/delete the Home Page URL and click OK.
Delete Trovi.com from Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+F and click Settings.
- Under On Startup select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Overwrite/remove (X) the undesirable URL and click OK.
- Under Appearance select Show Home button and click Change.
- Repeat step 3 to get rid of the undesirable home button option.
- Under Search click Manage search engines.
- Click X on the URL of the search provider you wish to remove and hit Done.
Uninstall Trovi.com from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox and click the search provider icon on the search box.
- Select Manage Search Engines.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T to open the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and find the Home Page URL.
- Overwrite/delete it and click OK.