What is Eazel Toolbar?
Eazel Toolbar can be attributed to the category of unreliable and potentially unwanted browser extensions. You have to know that Eazel Toolbar is distributed by Conduit Ltd. Once this application reaches your computer, you will find that your default home page and search engine are now changed into en.eazel.com. Despite the fact that this browser extension is not a serious virus but it can act as a device to infect your computer with other serious infections. Sometimes Eazel Toolbar can also be treated as a browser hijacker not only because it may reach your computer secretly bundled with other applications, but because it can monitor your browsing activities as well.
So, if you don’t want to risk of losing your personal information or infecting your computer even more we advise you to remove Eazel Toolbar from your computer as soon as possible.
How can Eazel Toolbar enter your computer?
There are two main ways in which Eazel Toolbar may reach your computer. First of all, you can download this browser extension by yourself from http://eazel.ourtoolbar.com/ website. The information provided on this website is in Italian language but you may also select German, French or Portuguese languages. However, the case in which random user would download Eazel Toolbar by himself/herself is very rare. So, it means that mostly this potentially unwanted browser extension may be bundled with freeware and shareware. If you understand the main unwritten principles in the cyber space you may know that most of the freewares and sharewares can be distributed by potentially dangerous third party.
So, if you want to download and install any free software you should always pay extra attention to all the details about this new program. Furthermore, when you run the installation procedure (Custom or Advanced) you have to deselect all unwanted files and additional applications that could damage your computer’s security system.
How does Eazel Toolbar work?
As it was mentioned before, Eazel Toolbar provides you a new home page and search engine. However, you shouldn’t trust in the results that you get from this new search provider. Our research group has estimated that majority of the results you get are somehow interrelated with the websites that are sponsored by this browser extension. Furthermore, you can also be redirected to various webpages that may be potentiality dangerous. Keep in mind that every such unexpected redirection can infect your computer with more serious and dangerous infection.
Besides that, you will surely be attacked with a huge amount of diverse advertisements and pop-up messages. However, all the notifications provided by this annoying browser extension must be disregarded. So, if you want to get back safe work with your computer, if you don’t want to be interrupted by various disturbances you definitely have to perform our Eazel Toolbar removal instructions.
How to uninstall Eazel Toolbar?
Despite the fact that automatic removal steps can help you to eliminate this unwanted browser extension from your computer but you cannot be sure that there are no additional and potentially unwanted applications running on your computer as well. Because of this reason it is very important to run a full system. That’s why we counsel you to download and install reputable anti virus tool such as SpyHunter. With a help of this reliable application you will be able to protect your computer from any other infection.
Manual removal instructions
Eliminate the unwanted browser extension from your computer
- Open the ‘Start’ menu (at the bottom left of the Task Bar).
- Choose ‘Control Panel’ option.
- Double- click on ‘Add or Remove Programs’.
- Finally, choose the unwanted application and click on ‘Remove’.
Windows Vista and 7
- Click once on the ‘Start’ menu and when it opens choose ‘Control Panel’ option.
- After that, click on ‘Uninstall a Program’ option.
- Search for unwanted applications, right-click on them and then choose ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Navigate with your mouse to bottom-right side of the screen and wait until the Metro UI screen appears.
- Right-click on the background and choose ‘All apps’ option.
- After that click on ‘Control Panel’.
- Now move to ‘Uninstall a Program’ option.
- Right-click on unwanted application and select ‘Uninstall’.
After that, it is very important to delete Eazel Toolbar from your browsers:
- Firstly, open Internet Explorer.
- Once the browser is opened, tap ‘Alt+T’ (simultaneously).
- Now choose ‘Manage Add-ons’.
- Select ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and once displayed with a list of extensions, click on unnecessary extension ans press ‘Disable’ option.
- Another step you have to do is to choose ‘Search providers’.
- Look for unwanted applications and then click on ‘Remove’ (after that, click ‘Close’).
- While the browser is still opened, tap ‘Alt+T’ once again until the ‘Internet option’ table appears.
- Select ‘General’ tab’, remove the unwanted search provider.
- Finally, click on ‘OK’.
- Open the browser and then tap ‘Alt+H’ (for several times).
- After that, choose ‘Troubleshooting Information’.
- Here select ‘Reset Firefox’ (to confirm the choice).
- Finally, click on ‘Finish’.
- First of all, open the browser and then tap ‘Alt+F’ (simultaneously).
- Now you have to click on ‘Tools’.
- Move to ‘Extensions’ (if you spot any unwanted extension, click ‘Recycle bin’ and select ‘Remove’ option).
- After that, select ‘Settings’ (from the menu which is displayed on the left side).
- Navigate to ‘On Startup’ and mark the ‘Open a specific page or set of pages’ option.
- After that, click ‘Set pages’.
- Now you have to remove the displayed URL address or change it into a new one (after that, click on ‘OK’ option).
- Move to ‘Appearance’ section and select ‘Show Home button’ option.
- Click on ‘ Change’ and again remove the displayed URL address or change it into a new one (after that, click on ‘OK’ option).
- Finally, move to the ‘Search’ section and choose ‘Manage search engines’ (to remove the unwanted engine click on ‘X’ and then press ‘OK’ option).