Trojan:Win32Kovter.C Removal Instructions
Microsoft Security Software classifies Trojan:Win32Kovter.C as a harmful and damaging malware infection that secretly infiltrates your system and is capable of infecting it with other malicious software. When this rogue is installed, it immediately starts its nefarious activities which will definitely cause you many troubles.
While this Trojan is in your system, it will constantly keep in touch with cyber criminals and will get orders from them. It is a very dangerous malware and thus you should eliminate Trojan:Win32Kovter.C as soon as possible.
What does Trojan:Win32Kovter.C do?
The minute this Trojan gets inside your PC, it copies itself and changes your registry by adding additional entries. These entries ensure that the malicious software will run every time you turn on your computer. Also, as we already mentioned, Trojan:Win32Kovter.C communicates with its command and control server from where it receives instructions. This Trojan is very often used to install ransomware infection into its victim’s computer. Such malware usually blocks user’s access to the desktop and displays a message demanding to pay ransom for unlocking the system. Needless to say, users should not give away their saving to cyber criminals. If you are in this situation right now, remember that you need to delete the ransomware virus and afterwards you must also get rid of Trojan:Win32Kovter.C.
Additionally, this Trojan may direct you to the suspicious or even malignant websites and collect your personal information. Such personal data like passwords, banking codes, user names, etc. can be delivered to cyber criminals and used for some kind of criminal activity. It should be absolutely clear that Trojan:Win32Kovter.C removal must become you priority, because it presents a great risk not only to your PC, but also to your personal information.
There are many ways this malware may have sneaked into your system. It may have entered your computer after you opened spam email attachment or after you clicked a suspicious link in an untrustworthy website. It is also possible, that you installed this Trojan yourself believing that it was some useful program or tool. Either way, you should be more careful in the future and take better care of your PC. For now, remove Trojan:Win32Kovter.C.
How to remove Trojan:Win32Kovter.C?
Even though you should delete Trojan:Win32Kovter.C immediately, we must warn you that only an advanced computer user may attempt this procedure by himself. Others should follow the instructions presented bellow and install an authentic anti-malware application. A powerful and up-to-date computer security tool will be able to delete Trojan:Win32Kovter.C and to protect your PC in the future.
- Restart your computer and start tapping F8 (while holding Shift) the moment BIOS loads up.
- Press See Advanced Repair Options and move to Troubleshoot.
- Access Advanced Options and choose Startup Settings.
- Restart the PC one more time and select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click Enter and download a trustworthy anti-malware.
- Reboot the computer and tap F8 many times after BIOS screen loads up.
- Select Safe mode with Networking and click Enter.
- Tap YES and choose Start.
- Press Run, type in ‘msconfig’ and click OK.
- Choose Disable all on Startup tab and select OK.
- Restart the system and downlaod a reliable anti-malware.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Restart your PC and start tapping F8 when BIOS screen finishes loading.
- Open Safe mode with Networking and click Enter.
- Start your browser and download an authentic malware remover.