What is Trovigo.com?
Trovigo.com is a questionable browser hijacker that may infiltrate your computer very secretly and then make some noticeable modifications on the most popular browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox). As soon as this infection reaches your computer it changes your default start page and search engine. However, such modifications are nothing in comparison with some other unpleasant side effects provided by this browser hijacker. So, if you don’t want to risk about your computer’s safety anymore you should eliminate Trovigo.com right now.
How can Trovigo.com enter your computer’s system?
Be aware that in most often cases this intrusive application can infiltrate your computer when you cannot even suspect this to happen. It means that this possibly undesirable application may be bundled together with freeware and shareware which that you download from the internet without thinking about the potential negative consequences. For the most part this infection might be bundled with various file converters, video or music players, etc. Because of that reason you have to download and install only those applications which are not the property of the third-party. Moreover, you shouldn’t be in hurry about performing the installation procedure as soon as possible. In other words, first of all, you have to select Advanced or Custom installation option and then move on to reading all the additional information. We understand that reading a long list of information might be quite a challenging task but your should keep in mind that only your attentiveness will help you to spot and deselect the additional and unwanted applications.
How does Trovigo.com perform?
It is possible to say that if Trovigo.com browser hijacker enters your computer system you can just simply forget what it means to perform safe and reliable browsing and searching activities. First of all, Trovigo will change your default home page and search provider. You will notice that the new search engine provided by Trovigo.com is not so reliable as your default search engine because the results you get after performing your browsing sessions might be inadequate. In addition to that, there is a possibility that you can be redirected to some unreliable websites just in order to improve the traffic of some sponsored sites. However, you are also facing a risk of being redirected to illegal or even very harmful sites that may have some really dangerous infections inside.
Moreover, you may also be attacked with plenty of diverse advertisements or other pop-ups which you have to avoid. Keep in mind that majority of those notifications or adds might be really harmful and sometimes it’s enough only to click on any of them and your computer will be infected with some dangerous malware. Do you still think that all these things are not very risky? Better think about the possibility to be continually monitored by some members of the third party. First of all, they can supervise your browsing and searching activities but later they will definitely invent a way to hijack you passwords, user names or even credit card numbers. We guess that now the only thing you think about is Trovigo.com removal process.
How to remove Trovigo.com?
At the beginning you must delete Trovigo.com from your system manually.
In order to do that you must:
1. Open the ‘Start’ menu and go to ‘Control Panel’.
2. Choose ‘Uninstall a Program’ section and then navigate to ‘Add/Remove Programs’ (or ‘Uninstall a Program’) section.
3. Here you have to search for all the suspicious applications and especially those that seem to be related with Trovigo.com.
4. Finally, choose ‘Uninstall’ option and then click once on ‘OK’ button.
Uninstall Trovigo.com from browsers:
1. Once the browser is opened, select menu icon and move to ‘Add-ons’.
2. Now go to ‘Extensions’ and look for the unwanted entries (remove by clicking on the trash icon).
3. Move to ‘Options’ section and change the existing homepage.
4. After that, click on the menu icon once again and select a question mark option.
5. Move to ‘Troubleshooting Information’ and hit ‘Reset Firefox’ option.
1. Open Internet Explorer and select the Gear icon.
2. After that, move to ‘Manage Add-ons’ and remove the suspicious entries.
3. Click once on the Gear icon again but now choose ‘Internet options’.
4. Here look for Trovigo.com and remove it.
5. Now hit the Gear icon for the third time and choose ‘Manage Add-ons’.
6. After that, go to ‘Search Providers’ and change your search provider.
1. Open the browser and click once on the menu icon (it is placed at the top-right corner of the screen).
2. Select ‘Tools’ section and move to ‘Extensions’ (here look for unfamiliar extensions and remove them).
3. Click once again on the menu icon and go to the ‘Settings’ section.
4. Choose ‘On startup’ and then go to ‘set pages’ (here you have to delete Trovigo.com with a help of ‘X’ option).
5. Choose the menu icon again and go to ‘Settings’.
6. After that, move to ‘Search’ section and then select ‘Manage Search Engines’ (here you have to change your search provider)
However, you have to know that it’s not enough to terminate Trovigo.com manually because this browser hijacker might be installed into your computer’s system together with some additional malignant files. So, it is obvious that only manual elimination can’t really terminate all malignant files. Because of that reason you have to download reliable anti-virus application, e.g. Spyhunter. With a help of this anti-malware tool you’ll be able to get rid of all malicious files and enjoy safe and protected browsing and searching sessions.