What is Webcake?
If you would search for any information about the Webcake most probably you could fine some facts that this application should ameliorate your browsing activities with a help of diverse coupons, notifications and special offers when you are visiting particular websites. However, you must know that Webcake is also categorized as an adware that may not only interrupt your browsing activities, but also trigger a possibility to infect your computer with a serious and destroying infection. Besides the fact that Webcake has its official webpage that shouldn’t instill your confidence in this application.
Keep in mind that once Webcake enters your computer, it affects all the browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome). So, instead of believing in this questionable application you should better listen to our advice and remove Webcake from your computer before it’s too late.
How can Webcake infiltrate your computer?
Even if you have the possibility to download this application by yourself (in the official website), but in most often cases Webcake reaches random computers via the ‘bundling’ method. It means that this potentially unwanted application can be attached to various files and programs that usually come at no charge. So, before downloading any new program into your computer (especially not genuine) you have to give more attention and check if that program is reliable and doesn’t have any unwanted additional applications. This narrow review has to be done while performing the installation process (Advanced or Custom installation process is desirable). Considering the fact that majority of free software found on the internet may be spread by cyber criminals, you have to pay extra attention even to the smallest file that you download into your computer. It is understandable that you may have no time to analyze all the additional information that is provided in the installation wizard. However, it may lead to a damage of your computer’s system. So, don’t rush to press ‘Next’ button but better read all the information and deselect the additional undesirable applications.
How does Webcake perform?
No matter if you download Webcake application by yourself or if it enters your computer illegally, the main operations performed by this application are the same. Due to the fact that Webcake is treated as an adware it will generate and provide you lots of annoying advertisements and pop-ups each time you open any browser. Despite the best attempts to advertise this application as a useful tool that should help you to improve your browsing activities, you have to be aware that Webcake is not created to provide you the best offers. Just imagine, if this program is so beneficial, why it can reach your computer without your allowance? If you are still not convinced that this application can bring you more damage than advantage you should know that Webcake has a full power to hijack your browsing sessions and accumulate your personal information. So, don’t trust in this application that is distributed by malicious third-party and better uninstall Webcake as soon as possible.
How to delete Webcake?
There should be no questions and doubts that you have to remove this annoying adware from your computer because it is impossible to believe in the application that can endanger your computer’s system. So, if you want to find out what is the best and easiest way to get rid of adware, you have to follow our directions provided below.
First of all, we recommend you to get rid of Webcake from the list of Add/Remove programs. Keep in mind that this is only the first step of manual removal procedure.
1. Once you click on the ‘Start’ menu, choose ‘Control Panel’ option.
2. Now select either ‘Programs’ or ‘Add/Remove Programs’ section.
3. After that, you should click on ‘Uninstall a Program’.
4. When you are displayed with a list of programs search for Webcake (or any other suspicious-looking application) and choose ‘Uninstall/Change’ option.
5. If you want to save the changes you have made, click on ‘OK’.
Another manual removal stage is to reset the browsers. If you want to completely terminate Webcake from your computer you have to reset all the browsers.
1. Open Internet Explorer, move to the ‘Tools’ section and after that, select ‘Manage Add-ons’.
2. Now you have to move to ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
3. Here you have to search for Webcake and then click on ‘Uninstall’ option.
4. Open Internet Explorer once again and navigate to the ‘Tools’ section.
5. Choose ‘Internet Options’ section and then select ‘General’ tab (here you should choose your default start page).
1. Open Google Chrome and click on the wench icon.
2. After that, move to the ‘Settings’ section, select ‘Manage search engines’.
3. Here you have to select a new default start page (and remove Webcake form the list).
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and navigate to the ‘Tools’.
2. After that, choose ‘Add-ons’ and then move to ‘Extensions’.
3. Now you should search for Webcake extension and remove it by clicking ‘Uninstall’.
4. Open Mozilla Firefox once again and move to the ‘Tools’ section.
5. Now choose ‘Options’ and go the the ‘General’ section.
6. After that, click on ‘Startup’ and select ‘Show a blank page’ or type in another website that will act as your new start page.
However, you shouldn’t forget that all these stages are only the manual removal procedure. So, if you want to accomplish a complete Webcake removal, you have to run an automatic removal process as well. This action can be performed with a help of reliable anti-virus program such as SpyHunter. We can guarantee you that once you install this reputable application into your computer, you will be able to forget not only about irritating Webcake adware, but about other potentially harmful infections as well.