Websearch.fastosearch.info Removal Tips
Websearch.fastosearch.info is a browser hijacker very similar to other hijackers like websearch.searchsun.info, websearch.searchinweb.info, websearch.webisgreat.info, etc. Once it enters your computer, it immediately takes over Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers and changes their settings.
These alterations allow the intruder to control your search results and promote the third parties. This is not a trustworthy application and we advise to eliminate Websearch.fastosearch.info as soon as you can.
What does Websearch.fastosearch.info do?
All the above mentioned hijackers, including Websearch.fastosearch.info, changes your home age and default search engine as soon as it infiltrates your computer. The application is related to a number of adware programs which means that next to the untrustworthy search results you will see numerous advertisements. You must remember that you cannot trust the presented results or the ads, because this software sponsors a number of unknown third parties. Since the hijacker does not check the affiliate parties or their websites, you may be routed to a malicious page and get infected with malware. To avoid such outcome, you should delete Websearch.fastosearch.info from your computer.
As we already explained, this browser hijacker is linked to several advertising supported programs. Also, this intruder usually enters users computer alongside some other freeware like EZDownloader, PC Optimizer Pro, and some others. All this means that you probably have more than one unwanted application in your system. In the future, be more careful, if you download free of charge software from unreliable pages. Always choose Advanced or Custom installation option and monitor every step of the procedure. Do not forget to read the provided End User License Agreement. In this document all the additional programs should be disclosed and if you are attentive enough, you will be able to notice them and stop them from entering your PC by clicking the Decline button. Of course, if you would download freeware or shareware form official pages, you would not need to worry about these things.
You should also know, that this hijacker tends to install extensions (SearchNewTab, SNT, SNNT) to your browsers and thus when you are performing Websearch.fastosearch.info removal, you must not forget to delete these extensions too.
How to remove Websearch.fastosearch.info from your computer?
If you are sure that you have this intruder in your system, you need to remove Websearch.fastosearch.info right away. You can install a reputable computer security application and let it delete Websearch.fastosearch.info for you. Your other option is to erase Websearch.fastosearch.info manually. For that you should follow the guidelines displayed below.
- Click on Start button and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs and terminate Websearch.fastosearch.info.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Access Uninstall a program and choose the unwanted application.
- Uninstall Websearch.fastosearch.info from your PC.
- Right-click on Metro UI screen and tap All apps.
- Access Control Panel and open Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the Websearch.fastosearch.info.
- Click Uninstall.
Delete Websearch.fastosearch.info from your browsers
- Press Alt+X and choose Manage add-ons.
- Open Toolbars and Extensions and remove the unwanted extensions.
- Click Search Providers and delete/change the search engine.
- Save the changes and leave this window. Click Alt+X again.
- Choose Internet Options and replace the current home page with the one you like. Click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and go to Extensions.
- Get rid of all suspicious extensions and close the tab.
- Tap Alt+T and open Options. Overwrite the home page and click OK.
- Close the menu and choose the search icon.
- Go to Manage search engines and delete/change the search tool. Press OK.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools. Open Extensions and delete the unknown entries.
- Select Settings and choose Open a page or a set of pages.
- Click Set pages and delete/change the home page. Tap OK.
- Open Manage search engines and set a new search engine as your default.
- Delete the unwanted search tool. Click Done and restart the browser.