Websearch.search-guide.info Removal Instructions
Websearch.search-guide.info may seem like your normal, everyday search engine unfortunately it is strongly linked and promoted by the browser hijacker. In fact, if you noticed that your home page and default search engine were changed to Websearch.search-guide.info, it is a clear indicator that the unwanted application resides in your PC.
If you try to avoid this engine by changing the browser, you will fail, because it hijacks all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. It seems that the only possible solution is to remove Websearch.search-guide.info altogether.
What does Websearch.search-guide.info do?
The application will change your browsers’ settings as soon as it enters your PC. The goal is to alter search results by adding to your search query unrelated links in hopes that you will choose them and increase traffic to the pages that belongs to the sponsored third parties. For the same reason the hijacker also shows you countless advertisements. However, the difference is that the ads relate to your latest search queries very well which makes them much more appealing. In order to customize the ads, the intruder follows your Internet activity and records information. Your IP address, search queries, browsing history, preferred pages, etc. help the application learn your habits. However, no matter how attractive they look, we urge you to stay away from these ads and to delete Websearch.search-guide.info.
Unfortunately, the personalization is not the only way the application uses your data. Our research team found out that the hijacker also shares this information with the third parties. The biggest problem is that the third parties are completely unknown and may turn out to be malicious. Since the application holds no responsibility over the links and the advertisements it promotes, it is clear that your information can end up in the hands of cyber criminals. To prevent it, you have to delete Websearch.search-guide.info immediately.
In order to stop these applications from entering your system in the future, you should abandon the habit to click the ‘Next’ button blindly during the installation. Always choose Custom or Advanced option and opt-out of the unwanted programs by choosing ‘Decline’. If you attempt to complete the process too fast, you will be forced to remove another threat the same way you now have to uninstall Websearch.search-guide.info. Be vigilant and take care of your computer’s safety.
How to remove Websearch.search-guide.info?
We recommend to employ a legitimate anti-spyware and to use it to delete Websearch.search-guide.info. However, if you are determined to terminate Websearch.search-guide.info by yourself, we will be happy to provide you with detailed instructions how to proceed. Follow the guidelines below and erase Websearch.search-guide.info.
- Press Windows key + R and type in Control Panel.
- Tap Enter and move to Uninstall a program.
- Find and uninstall Websearch.search-guide.info.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and uninstall Websearch.search-guide.info.
- Open Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove programs and remove Websearch.search-guide.info.
Reset your browsers
- Open Internet Explorer and press Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options and choose the Advanced tab.
- Click Reset and mark Delete personal settings.
- Click the Reset button once more.
- Launch your browser and press Alt+H.
- Choose Troubleshooting Information and click Reset Firefox.
- When the dialog box appears, select Reset Firefox again.
- Launch Google Chrome and press Alt+F.
- Select Settings and tap Show Advanced settings.
- Click Reset browser settings and click Reset.