What is Worldwebfind.net?
Worldwebfind.net looks like a normal search engine at the first sight. It has a logo, a search box and quick access buttons to popular pages like Gmail, Facebook, YouTube and some others. Unfortunately, looks can be deceiving and in reality this webpage is nothing more than a browser hijacker. It will enter your system and modify your browser settings without your permission.
As Worldwebfind.net is compatible with IE, Mozilla and Chrome, you will see that your settings have been altered no matter which one of these web browsers you use. The hijacker will also express other unwanted behavior like slowing down your Internet connection and filling your browsers with ads among other things. You should not hesitate to eliminate Worldwebfind.net from your PC.
How does Worldwebfind.net work?
Worldwebfind.net is similar to other software of this type like find404.com, search30.com, findpages.net and more. None of these programs have official sites where they could be downloaded. Therefore it is safe to assume that the hijacker enters your system together with other freeware. Next time be sure to pay more attention to what you are installing and what additional programs come with the software of your choice.
Worldwebfind.net causes various unwanted changes. Firstly, it modifies your home page and search provider. You are forced to use its search engine, the results of which can be modified to include various sponsored links. Speaking of commercial data, be prepared to see a lot more of it. No matter what page you visit, you are bound to notice some kind of an advert on it. Clicking on those ads is rather risky as they may lead you to corrupted pages. Security issues may be why you want to eliminate Worldwebfind.net, however, there are other reasons to do it as well. The program slows down your Internet speed by presenting the unsafe ads. It also tracks your cookies and collects information about your browsing habits. You should not tolerate any of it.
How to remove Worldwebfind.net?
In order to terminate Worldwebfind.net and return your browsers back to normal, you can use a malware removal tool. The anti-malware will do all the work for you. It will scan your PC, detect the infections and delete Worldwebfind.net along with them. The software will also shield your system from similar threats in the future. Alternative solution to your problem is manual Worldwebfind.net removal. To remove Worldwebfind.net manually, you will have to delete the program that it came bundled with, reset your browser settings and check your Target line. You can find instructions on how to do that right below this article.
Guide on Worldwebfind.net Removal
Step 1: Uninstall Worldwebfind.net and the related program
Windows 7 and Vista
- Open the Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a program
- Choose the program and click Uninstall
- Press Win+R, type in ‘control’ and hit Enter
- Go to Uninstall a program and choose the unwanted software
- Click on the Uninstall button
- Click Start and open Control Panel
- Select Add or remove programs
- Terminate the suspicious application
Step 2: Restore your browser settings
- Mozilla menu → Question mark → Troubleshooting Information → Reset Firefox → Reset Firefox
- Google Chrome menu → Settings → Show Advanced Settings → Reset settings → Reset
- Gear icon → Internet Options → Advanced tab → Reset → Delete personal settings → Reset
Step 3: Fix your Target line
- Right-click on the browser shortcut and open Properties
- Move to Shortcut tab and locate the Target line
- Check if there is any text after iexplore.exe/firefox.exe/chrome.exe
- If so, delete it and click OK to save changes.